Which should I get the BLU Win HD LTE VS. MICROSOFT LUMIA 640?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: BLU Win HD LTE VS. MICROSOFT LUMIA 640

Over in the Blu Win HD forum, WC member DavidA7 pointed out this video blogger review of the HD LTE by boredatwork.

MassDeduction

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I have a Blu Win HD LTE now, it arrived yesterday. I like it a lot, but I *really* miss "Glance". I can live without double-tap to wake, but Glance is a hard one. It's a shame because there's so much else about the phone to like.

I had my heart set on the 640 XL, but the Blu Win HD is my first 5" phone and it's not as bad as I feared. A lot better than a 4.5" phone, that's for sure.

I'm definitely a convert to dual-SIM, however. No going back now. I see a cheap talk&text SIM in my future, combined with a flex data SIM (like you can get for tablets). My monthly service bill should go down quite a bit, by my math.

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I feel sorry for BLU because I admire them for taking the plunge and coming out with some interesting phones running Windows, but now that the 640 is available for $129.95 from Cricket and $99.95 from T-Mobile I can't see the BLU Win HD LTE as competitive.

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

my first 5" phone and it's not as bad as I feared. A lot better than a 4.5" phone, that's for sure.

And I just jumped from the 4.7" 735 to the 5.0" 640 and I found it to be a big jump in size, just my opinion. The 5.0" screen seemed to hit the sweet spot for me.

I found the Lumia 640 main camera to be very good. But the selfie camera is kinda terrible.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As a Lumia ****** I am not even sure which i'd recommend. Having broken my 1520 I am looking for a replacement.

Design wise...the Win HD lte is awesome to look at. It's like a better designed HTC One M8 from a company who actually supports the platform and updates their phones timely so.

Camera wise and Lumia features of course keep me loyal to the Lumia camp of course. But I don't think anyone could go wrong with either of them.

Personally since the 640 lacks a compelling FFC and it even lacks pureview(does this mean OIS as well?), i'd probably be curious enough to buy the WIn HD lte personally.

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: L640 or BLU WIN HD LTE?

So which one would you choose? Lumia 640 or BLU WIN HD LTE?

After a week or so with the 640 LTE, I can say you would not be disappointed with it over the 5xx or other 6xx Lumia phones.

If you are coming off of a higher end Lumia, the BLU might be more to your liking.

Fit and finish on the BLU is better. Nokia has a couple apps that folks find appealing.

Get a dual sim unlocked unit either way. Unlocking will cost you $30-$40 on the open market for a new phone anyhow.

SocalTouch

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Picked up the BLU HD LTE a couple of days ago when microsoft-store had it on sale for $129. So far very impressed! The best part internet-sharing is enabled by default!

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Picked up the BLU HD LTE a couple of days ago when microsoft-store had it on sale for $129. So far very impressed! The best part internet-sharing is enabled by default!

Very happy with mine also. I don't have a 640 to compare it to but I do have dual sim 640XL, think I prefer the BLU.

Ed YANG

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

I am thinking of upgrading from my 635 to the BLU or 640. What do you guys think I should get?
Depending on where you're from...
If i'm in your shoes, i will be very concern on after sales service center availability. In some regions, and cities, Microsoft service centers are not present even though the products may carry Warranty. Such after sales warranty service can often be sub-let out to a 2nd party or 3rd party sub-contractors whom may not be reputable or lesser known to most

If BLU in your place have good reputation than Microsoft, go for the BLU. Vice versa if Microsoft have a good service center setup.

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
well coming from a Grey Blu Win HD LTE and just left it for the lumia 640 for at&t... The lumia is better just because of the touch screen alone and how responsive it is... i can type fast and the phone will keep up... on my HD LTE it would sometimes not register my touch inputs and and i would have to type slower than i normally would... As for as processor goes i run all games i ran on my WIN HD LTE just fine and it runs great... grab the Lumia 640 cant beat the price and the performance...

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
well coming from a Grey Blu Win HD LTE and just left it for the lumia 640 for at&t... The lumia is better just because of the touch screen alone and how responsive it is... i can type fast and the phone will keep up... on my HD LTE it would sometimes not register my touch inputs and and i would have to type slower than i normally would... As for as processor goes i run all games i ran on my WIN HD LTE just fine and it runs great... grab the Lumia 640 cant beat the price and the performance...

You know I heard that about blu phones. I had briefly considered the HD LTE only because it had such an amazing design(I chose the 640 XL instead) but I heard that for whatever reason the touch is a bit off in the Win HD family...it was supposed to have been fixed/improved on the LTE version but it appears not.

Glad you like your 640 :)

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
You know I heard that about blu phones. I had briefly considered the HD LTE only because it had such an amazing design(I chose the 640 XL instead) but I heard that for whatever reason the touch is a bit off in the Win HD family...it was supposed to have been fixed/improved on the LTE version but it appears not.

Glad you like your 640 :)

definitely still an issue bro... Lumia phones to me will always be top notch phones regardless of specs man... How is the XL?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
definitely still an issue bro... Lumia phones to me will always be top notch phones regardless of specs man... How is the XL?

The xl is a great phone. My main two complaints are I hate onscreen navigation buttons and it lacks the super sensitive touch that my 1520 has but I'd definitely say it is my second favorite lumia device I've owned. And I've pretty much owned every flagship lumia just about tbh.

I may have to switch to the 640 and sell the xl only because I am now with T-Mobile and their coverage sucks in my house and the xl lacks wifi calling since it is not a T-Mobile branded phone therefore it would pretty much be useless to me now unless I switch back to att Gophone

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The xl is a great phone. My main two complaints are I hate onscreen navigation buttons and it lacks the super sensitive touch that my 1520 has but I'd definitely say it is my second favorite lumia device I've owned. And I've pretty much owned every flagship lumia just about tbh.

I may have to switch to the 640 and sell the xl only because I am now with T-Mobile and their coverage sucks in my house and the xl lacks wifi calling since it is not a T-Mobile branded phone therefore it would pretty much be useless to me now unless I switch back to att Gophone

sent from my iPhone...asking myself why I own one

Damn that sucks bro and so does T-Mobile lol... But getting the 640 is not bad trust me... Only difference is the smaller screen size but the speaker is louder on the 640 than 640xl

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Damn that sucks bro and so does T-Mobile lol... But getting the 640 is not bad trust me... Only difference is the smaller screen size but the speaker is louder on the 640 than 640xl

Well I went from a 6 inch Lumia 1520 to a 5.7 inch Lumia 640 xl to the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 lol. I think o have started getting used to iPhone size because holding my 1520 has me asking "how the hell was I using this phone for nearly two years." Lmao it is still the best windows phone out there. So I think size wise I will be alright with the 640

I wouldn't say tmobile sucks but where I live it is either extremely rural or if I Am at my other house it is like a black hole. Even Verizon suffers as does att. Dropped calls galore. But there is literally no service with T-Mobile there lol

My main concern with the 640 and why I chose the xl over it initially was due to the fact of vanity lmao. The ffc is only 0.9 haha

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I went from a 6 inch Lumia 1520 to a 5.7 inch Lumia 640 xl to the 4.7 inch iPhone 6 lol. I think o have started getting used to iPhone size because holding my 1520 has me asking "how the hell was I using this phone for nearly two years." Lmao it is still the best windows phone out there. So I think size wise I will be alright with the 640

I wouldn't say tmobile sucks but where I live it is either extremely rural or if I Am at my other house it is like a black hole. Even Verizon suffers as does att. Dropped calls galore. But there is literally no service with T-Mobile there lol

My main concern with the 640 and why I chose the xl over it initially was due to the fact of vanity lmao. The ffc is only 0.9 haha

Lmao oh i never take selfies anyway so I didn't mind that... Hell I had a 635 before the Blu Win Hd LTE lol...

Vexxed

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking to get a new budget phone up here in Canada. I've read the limited reviews on both these devices and I'm having a real tough time deciding still. The Blu is $219cdn ($240cdn w/ taxes) on ms store but I'll have to buy and import a 640 via ebay ; that will cost about $180 - $200 cdn all-in.

I could really use some advice now that these phones have been in hands for a bit longer than the initial reviews.

I'm not to worried about the camera, both seem fine for my minor needs.

I love the Blu design and hardware specs but some talk about the screen and keyboard has me worried. The Lumia apps are enticing but I'm not excited about eBay buying and US carrier branding.

I need help!

jpharwood

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

I've been using the 1st gen Blu Win HD for about 3 months and am very happy with the performance and prompt software updates from Blu. Please do not try the Windows Insider app. I did, and it has caused some issues. I was too curious, and nit sufficiently cautious. Once wp10 is officially available I expect these glitches to be resolved. I have a 640 in transit, and will be able to compare. One will be my daily driver, and the other will be my backup (no land line). If you can wait a few more days, I'll be happy to share my opinions...

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
In the last week I've proved why it's important to shop for the network first, phone second. I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and my experience has been night and day. 640 on AT&T sounded worse than the HD voice, WiFi calling enabled 640 on T-Mobile. Even when I'm not on WiFi and not talking on HD Voice, it still sounds clear and amazing.

Really a shame that T-Mobile stopped selling this phone. I bought the last one at my local Wal-Mart and signed up for a prepaid plan. With Data Sense and Wifi at home and the office I expect to not need a regular plan for some time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb