Dropped my 640 today

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone wondering how tough the 640 is?

I dropped mine today from the pocket of a hoody onto rough, uneven concrete. It landed, bounced and then slid with the screen on the ground.

I thought for sure the screen would be broken, but no, it's fine. The glass is completely unmarked and there is just one small mark on the rear shell.

It's a tough phone. 😃

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Probably though as much as other Nokia phones, but it's big, vulnerable screen, it should be much more fragile than for example 620.

atrsh

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Probably though as much as other Nokia phones, but it's big, vulnerable screen, it should be much more fragile than for example 620.

Oh I used to have the 620. Dropped it the first week I bought it, face down on solid concrete floor and it slided pretty far too (it was my first smartphone hence not used to holding something like it). No crack or scratch on the screen,only small bump in one corner of the dualshot back cover. And i've accidentally dropped it from a moving motorbike too. That phone was a beast. Truly embodied the legendary 3310 build quality.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Its that gut wrenching moment where you hope and pray your screen survived the fall. When it does survive, you almost feel "chosen". lol.

Triple like for that one!

Anyone wondering how tough the 640 is?

I dropped mine today from the pocket of a hoody onto rough, uneven concrete. It landed, bounced and then slid with the screen on the ground.

I thought for sure the screen would be broken, but no, it's fine. The glass is completely unmarked and there is just one small mark on the rear shell.

It's a tough phone. 😃

Well done mate, lucky. You should do the lottery lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99