Is there an option to have less tiles (Bigger Tiles = more visible Tiles for old People)?

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Option to have less tiles (Bigger Tiles = more visible Tiles for old People)

Hello,

I just received the new 640 Double Sim that i ordered for my parents,

I was surprised i could not have the same big Tiles as the original start screen, now everything is written too little even if i selected big size in fonts options,

Please just bring back this option, Windows phone is the nicest and most esiest phone to use but now it is just not readable enough for old people.

Who took this decision to get rid of this option, it really looks like a big mistake!!

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Option to have less tiles (Bigger Tiles = more visible Tiles for old People)

Hello,

I just received the new 640 Double Sim that i ordered for my parents,

I was surprised i could not have the same big Tiles as the original start screen, now everything is written too little even if i selected big size in fonts options,

Please just bring back this option, Windows phone is the nicest and most esiest phone to use but now it is just not readable enough for old people.

Who took this decision to get rid of this option, it really looks like a big mistake!!

You're right. Maybe you should create a suggestion on UserVoice for that. I'm sure more people will agree with you.
By the way, maybe posting a screen shot of the display settings will help.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Option to have less tiles (Bigger Tiles = more visible Tiles for old People)

I second that, lumia is also for elderly, much simpler than ios and android

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

I prefer fewer and bigger tiles anyway. I don't need 100 different things on my start screen. I keep the most-used things there and for the others I would prefer to swipe to the list rather than destroy the usability of the home screen.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, i don't know about Uservoice at all, but i think this option has to come back, also i tried Windows 10 on my 1020 and there is no way to get the big tiles aswell,

This is a very big mistake to not let people adjust start screen as they want

I m very disappointed

sugarbowl06

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking about Windows 10, or Windows 8.1 ?

I thought that windows 8.1, with screen size >= 5", there was no choice. The start screen is locked to 3 column view.

lephilou

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Are we talking about Windows 10, or Windows 8.1 ?

I thought that windows 8.1, with screen size >= 5", there was no choice. The start screen is locked to 3 column view.

I never heard of that,

Anyway the 640 just comes with 8.2 and if they lock to 3 column view then it is not clever at all, what people like is to choose, not to have things dictated, or i would go to an Iphone or Andro?d, but i am not!!

@Microsoft Please hear me, old people will have to use a real magnifying glass!!! Come on change this

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Windows 10 also has the option. Those who said that they tried, have never tried WP10. This proves it.
Here are the screenshots.
1) Screenshot with 3 tiles
2) Screenshot with 2 tiles

Sent from Lumia 1020 on WP10 using Taptalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20150427_0002.png
    wp_ss_20150427_0002.png
    249.3 KB · Views: 7
  • wp_ss_20150427_0001.png
    wp_ss_20150427_0001.png
    82 KB · Views: 7

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

2 columns tiles looks great on 4-5 inches display

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett