[640] Will a European variant work in the US?

siggi200

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Are there any updates on that topic ? some people bought a 640 international edition for their ATT sim ... did it work ?
I actually dont want to wait anymore - I know it is a little bit more expensive but I would be willing to pay the difference.
Anyone has any idea if an international version (and which one ??) works on the ATT network ?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Are there any updates on that topic ? some people bought a 640 international edition for their ATT sim ... did it work ?
I actually dont want to wait anymore - I know it is a little bit more expensive but I would be willing to pay the difference.
Anyone has any idea if an international version (and which one ??) works on the ATT network ?
I would say that you should wait for the variant that B&H will sell, because theirs would probably work with AT&T.

mgerbasio

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I purchased one from ebay, a Chinese version; thought I'd add my two cents. this one looks like it is missing the 3G 1700mHz frequency from Band 4 in MassDeduction's post. I'm in the NYC Metro area, the phone shows connection to T-Mobile 4G which I assume is LTE. The data speed is much slower than my other phones.
Speedtest.net shows:
Test 1 (Cell Data): 4.7 Down / 4.6 Up
Test 2 (Cell Data): 11 Down / 4.1 Up
Test 3 (Wifi): 16.7 Down / 10 Up

Ran the tests about 4:00PM EST. Generally my other phones are getting 15-20 Down and above 10 Up on cell data so it is disappointing. Currently the phone is running Win 8.1 as I was running Win10 TP but did a roll back; Win10 was running worse on this phone than on my 635 and that was barely usable. So I can live with the slower speed for now. Other than a T-Mobile version or a MS flagship phone, there really isn't anything else that I'd rather use. I have a Nexus 6 and it is disappointing, probably used 5-8 different Android phones prior to the N6.

Edit:
I put my sim back in my T-Mobile 635 and got the following speeds at 7:45PM:
10 Down / 10 Up

Switched the sim back to the 640 and the results are slightly slower:
7.5 Down / 9 Up

VoLTE doesn't work on the 640, the data icon switches to "H" as soon as you make a call.

Last edited:

chris41336

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I am in the NYC metro area with the expansys dual sim variant currently listed for sale.

Works great on T-mobile, I swapped my card directly from my 635 (which was terrible). This phone is leaps and bounds better.

Just ran speed test: 18.6 Mbps down, 9.43 up. NYC Metro area. Says "4G" near signal icon.

sequoia464

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I am in the NYC metro area with the expansys dual sim variant currently listed for sale.

Works great on T-mobile, I swapped my card directly from my 635 (which was terrible). This phone is leaps and bounds better.

Just ran speed test: 18.6 Mbps down, 9.43 up. NYC Metro area. Says "4G" near signal icon.

Is yours the RM1113?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon