I currently have a Blu Win HD LTE Dual SIM. With this phone, I can set either SIM for the data connection and get an LTE/3G connection for that SIM. The other SIM will be forced to use a 2G connection. I was using my personal SIM for the data connection and my work SIM as SIM 2 and only used it for phone calls. Well, my company doesn't allow a 2G phone to be used as a company device.

How does the 640 or 640XL dual SIM operate? Can I have two 3G connections or will it be the same configuration - one LTE/3G connection and one 2G connection?
    04-27-2015 10:23 AM
    There are two Dual sim variants, one with LTE and the other without, It looks like you have the latter model.

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM Specifications - Microsoft - Global

Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM - Smartphones - Microsoft - Global

As I haven't used any of these devices, I wouldn't want to give you any incorrect info. If you have access to a Microsoft store, best would be to go in and speak to a rep.
    04-27-2015 10:53 AM
    I need to know if both sims support LTE In L640 dual sim LTE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-27-2015 11:48 AM
    I need to know if both sims support LTE In L640 dual sim LTE?
    Not at the same time. You can select Tray One for data and then Tray Two is only GSM... But you can toggle the data over to Tray Two and there is a pause while the Trays reset then Tray Two has 3G/LTE and Tray One is only GSM.

In other words there are 2 GSM radios and both SIMS have their own dedicated GSM radio, but only one 3G/LTE radio so only one SIM at a time can use that radio.
    Ibodnano likes this.
    04-28-2015 11:44 AM
    Not at the same time. You can select Tray One for data and then Tray Two is only GSM... But you can toggle the data over to Tray Two and there is a pause while the Trays reset then Tray Two has 3G/LTE and Tray One is only GSM.

In other words there are 2 GSM radios and both SIMS have their own dedicated GSM radio, but only one 3G/LTE radio so only one SIM at a time can use that radio.
    Thank you so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    RumoredNow likes this.
    04-28-2015 12:15 PM
    Is there any way a software upgrade will solve this? In Australia, one of the main providers has decommissioned their 2g network, so will connect at 3g or LTE only. Therefore if the other sim is set as default, then the first sim has no way to connect.
    12-06-2016 02:24 AM
    Is there any way a software upgrade will solve this? In Australia, one of the main providers has decommissioned their 2g network, so will connect at 3g or LTE only. Therefore if the other sim is set as default, then the first sim has no way to connect.
    No chance, only one SIM can be on 3G/4G. With GSM slowly disappearing world wide, you can forget about the second SIM.
    12-07-2016 05:41 AM