If I set SIM 1 as the data connection, can SIM 2 connect to 3G?

shaddup

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I currently have a Blu Win HD LTE Dual SIM. With this phone, I can set either SIM for the data connection and get an LTE/3G connection for that SIM. The other SIM will be forced to use a 2G connection. I was using my personal SIM for the data connection and my work SIM as SIM 2 and only used it for phone calls. Well, my company doesn't allow a 2G phone to be used as a company device.

How does the 640 or 640XL dual SIM operate? Can I have two 3G connections or will it be the same configuration - one LTE/3G connection and one 2G connection?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I need to know if both sims support LTE In L640 dual sim LTE?

Not at the same time. You can select Tray One for data and then Tray Two is only GSM... But you can toggle the data over to Tray Two and there is a pause while the Trays reset then Tray Two has 3G/LTE and Tray One is only GSM.

In other words there are 2 GSM radios and both SIMS have their own dedicated GSM radio, but only one 3G/LTE radio so only one SIM at a time can use that radio.

Ibodnano

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Not at the same time. You can select Tray One for data and then Tray Two is only GSM... But you can toggle the data over to Tray Two and there is a pause while the Trays reset then Tray Two has 3G/LTE and Tray One is only GSM.

In other words there are 2 GSM radios and both SIMS have their own dedicated GSM radio, but only one 3G/LTE radio so only one SIM at a time can use that radio.

Thank you so much

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brad_6

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there any way a software upgrade will solve this? In Australia, one of the main providers has decommissioned their 2g network, so will connect at 3g or LTE only. Therefore if the other sim is set as default, then the first sim has no way to connect.

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Is there any way a software upgrade will solve this? In Australia, one of the main providers has decommissioned their 2g network, so will connect at 3g or LTE only. Therefore if the other sim is set as default, then the first sim has no way to connect.

No chance, only one SIM can be on 3G/4G. With GSM slowly disappearing world wide, you can forget about the second SIM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers