Lumia 640 is Samsung Galaxy S II according to Google!

Manoj Daran

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just got a new Lumia 640 and using it for sometime. I was adding new accounts [Microsoft, Facebook, Gmail, Outlook] and I received a mail when adding gmail. It said "Your email id is used to sign in a new device, review it here". I went for it and saw something hilarious.:winktongue: Google identified L640 as Samasung Galaxy S II. How comes they say a Windows phone as Android?:devil: Also, it is showing my old device L520 using a PC icon. This is something, I want to share..

Attachments

• GOOGLE.png
    GOOGLE.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 21

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
They see my Lumia 620 as Galaxy Nexus. It still showing Nexus even when I'm syncing with Email App, open gmail in IE or UC Browser.
But I can't remember what app I use in April 21, since I only has 1 phone.
nokianexus.png

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday at 20:34 I used Google ID to sign-in. Today morning I synced my Gmail account on my L730. It's strange to see my L730 as both Nokia and Android

Windows.PNG

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Meanwhile, opening the WC site on a WP in IE, and clicking the ad to install the WC app takes us to the Play Store. :| Google/Android is everywhere.

Slovenix

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Isn't that because IE fakes the ID to load webpages correctly in modern look instead of some old version compared to Windows Phone ??

It's because of Google and other products, they don't "see" IE or WP as a modern browser, so you cant load the latest version of their web apps. Microsoft figured that out by making their browser represent it self as an Android or iOS device.

Only one who can fix this are the developers of the webpages by allowing IE to be shown as a "Modern" browser.

I'm not sure that this is the case here, but it's a possibility

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa