Sluggishness?

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi I am afraid that apps often resuming is common for Windows phone unless you have at least 2gb of ram. Or if you meant that strange scrolling stutter when you swiping with your finger continuously on screen that is a complete mystery. I don't know if you have it, its not that much noticeable but there is definitely difference between swiping with finger on screen and just flick it to scroll, it is most noticeable when you slowly swipe from start screen to list of apps with your finger continuously on screen. Some people claim they have this some claim they don't. I have this on my 640 since I bought it and has it on my previous 630 too. Unfortunately there isn't official thread for this "issue" where we could conduct an experiment with this, let people try their devices and finally figured out it its some issue or some or all Lumia devices just work like that.

luMia630

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I've found interesting thing, not sure if it proves anything but at least it could be a potential reason for this scroll jitter. I've looked at how WP work with touch and find out that they actually differentiate scrolling by dragging finger across the screen which they call simply DRAG, and just flicking the screen to scroll which they specify as FLICK. That's a fact so there is actual difference between dragging and flicking which some of us see. Now remember that this micro stutter looks like a content of the screen that is being scrolled sort of jumps number of times. Well Microsoft specify that when people start moving finger across the screen manipulation event called ManipulationStart occurs and than during drag ManipulationDelta event occurs number of times until movement stops, to notify system where exactly users finger is. Did you see this certain similarity there? System deals with touch by firing delta event multiple times like screen jumps multiple times, but when we just flick the screen and lift our finger from screen no delta event occurs as same as there is no jumping of content that has been scrolled. I know it could be nothing and I really don't understand how WP work and how rich works but it sounds pretty concurrent to me. Also if that's how it is, it would mean that this phenomenon is actually how system itself works and thus all windows phone devices as well. And that would mean that some of us are seeing things or others doesn't see this thing that is clearly there :D. Otherwise power of placebo effect ;). What do you thing could this be proof that this scrolling jitter affects all Lumia phones and possible source of this "issue"?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Man asked about the resuming apps not jitters and stuff, and yes it it normal for the phone to ' resume' apps, other that it's fast and fluid. O also guess that this loading issue will be corrected in Windows 10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786