AT&T GoPhone Capable?

realitydroid

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! Thinking about getting the Lumia 640 (or XL) as an upgrade from my 635. However, I would like to know if the 640 will work on the GoPhone prepaid service that I am currently using? Also, does it support LTE? I've grown quite accustomed to having LTE connectivity in my area since dropping my Sprint contract and switching to AT&T.

Anyway, thanks for your time and help. Much appreciated.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The 640 and XL both have LTE variants that support AT&T's LTE bands. They should be more than capable of being used as a GoPhone

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
I am using my 640 LTE dual sim with both a prepaid and postpaid sims load.

Prepaid is for data-only, and I get my refills from callingmart for 10% off regularly. (I get re-imbursed for this as long as its under $25)

Postpaid is for my talk/text/on-phone data. Zero issues.

I've swapped the sims around and have used skype on my 640 instead of calling with the phone and it works... So for those that want to go really-friggin-cheap and never use SMS or "normal" phones, the 640 with an AT&T data only plan is an option.

The soon-to-be-released AT&T gophone 640 LTE will be able to use both prepaid and postpaid sims, from what I have been told. But, they will NOT be able to get flashed to non-AT&T firmwares... just like the 635.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon