Lumia 640 LTE (Cricket) Emergency Alert settings?

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know how to change the Amber/Emergency Alert settings on the latest WP version (update 2)?

Have had several Windows phones, but this Cricket 640 is my first with 8.1 Update 2. And because the "settings" layout has changed, I can't find where to adjust this setting. It's under Messaging-Settings in previous versions.

I was awakened from a sound sleep for the second night last night by an emergency alert regarding a flash flood watch many miles away. I want to turn off the lowest level of alerts.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Make sure it wasn't Cortana, who can push weather alerts.

Can you get into field test? I believe an option in there maybe toggle these things, although it's not obvious.

barotropic

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It was very simple to find this setting in previous 8.1 phones. I imagine it's still available, but buried somewhere. I can't find it in update 2.

Yes, I'm almost certain it's not coming from cortana. I compared the sound to that of a recording of the "emergency alert" I found on the web and it's identical. Plus, the phone was in quiet mode, which I think will prevent notification sounds from cortana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss