Can I get some help with some Wifi and download problems on my Lumia 640?

nothomewhenaway

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Wifi and download problems on my Lumia 640

Hey!

I have two problems with my lumia 640 that i was hoping for some help to solve.

First, i is not able to connect to some Wifi networks. My home and uni. networks worked fine for the first week approximately, then i was suddenly not able to connect anymore, just get a 'could not connect to network' message, no error code etc. I have tried all types of resets, making network open etc. No other devices have problems on those networks, and my phone can still connect to some other networks. Although not in any place where i go a lot, so its becoming a big annoyance.

The other problem i have is that non of my apps that download things, pocketcast and audible for example, are able to download when screen goes to screensaver. I push on button again, picture comes back, and then it restarts download from the beginning again.

Does anyone have similar issues or and possible solutions?

irtiza_fayaz

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: Wifi and download problems on my Lumia 640

The second one is due to WP not supporting true multitasking. It suspends tasks when you're not using them (switching to another app, locking, etc.)
For WiFi, delete your Wifi networks from the phone memory and log in again. That seems to work on some occasions for me.

bolot_malih

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

Do you dowload from store ? My lumia 630 is still downloading and installing from store although i run another apps...

bolot_malih

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site

How about your wifi issue ? Have you tried delete it and try to log in again ? So does it works now ? I've plan to buy this phone soon but if wifi issue still exist i become a doubt to buy it..

omaroumi

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi.
Try to change the wireless channel in your router to 11. I had the same problem and solved with this step.
Hope this helps you.
Regards,
Omar

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I know this might sound crazy but try turning bluetooth off. I'm not sure why but on my 640 bluetooth seems to cause all kinds of wifi problems. I never have connection issues, but my wifi speed drops considerably with bluetooth on. If your connection is hit or miss it might not let you connect at all. Just a thought. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss