Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640, but before I want to ask for your opinion of the phone. First of all, I'm not buying specs I'm buying performance, that's why I don't care about the specs. I want to know; does it lag? Is screen quality good enough to watch some movies on a trip? Will battery last for a day at least? And last is front camera good enough for some selfies and Skype? Sorry for asking so many questions!
    06-06-2015 07:51 AM
    Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Microsoft Lumia 640, but before I want to ask for your opinion of the phone. First of all, I'm not buying specs I'm buying performance, that's why I don't care about the specs. I want to know; does it lag? Is screen quality good enough to watch some movies on a trip? Will battery last for a day at least? And last is front camera good enough for some selfies and Skype? Sorry for asking so many questions!
    It doesn't really lag, but I find the touch sensitivity to too low and there's no option to change it to high. Screen quality is decent enough, battery should easily last a day, but that just depends on how much you're using it. Front camera takes pretty good selfies and works very well with Skype.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    06-06-2015 08:09 AM
    Have you looked up one of the dozens of reviews? Try that first, as the phone is hard to find at the moment.
    06-06-2015 08:12 AM
    Have you looked up one of the dozens of reviews? Try that first, as the phone is hard to find at the moment.
    Yes, but people who review the phones, have the phone for a week maximum. That's why I'm asking people who have the phone, because they have it longer and they know the phone better. Also, everyone speaks of the rear camera only, nobody cares about front camera.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    06-06-2015 08:24 AM
    Moved to appropriate forum...

As per this advice: http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask...ion-forum.html WC members are free to post in all areas of the board. Please use Ask a Question only for time critical help issues that affect the immediate functionality of your device.

This is where actual users of 640 hang out. I have also edited your title to reflect the true nature of the thread. Good Luck.
    Spiros Mixailidis likes this.
    06-06-2015 10:05 AM
    I have the 640 for about a month now and performance is great.It never really lags.Perhaps sometimes when gaming.Other than that its very smooth.Dont watch movies on it,but youtube plays fine.Battery life is very good.I use the phone a lot for internet usually and I can get about a day and 3 quarters out of It. The front facing camera is not particularly brilliant but fine for skype and the odd selfie,although quality is only 1 mp

Overall I am happy with the phone,its great for everyday use and should meet the needs you've mentioned
    06-06-2015 10:17 AM
    I have the 640 for about a month now and performance is great.It never really lags.Perhaps sometimes when gaming.Other than that its very smooth.Dont watch movies on it,but youtube plays fine.Battery life is very good.I use the phone a lot for internet usually and I can get about a day and 3 quarters out of It. The front facing camera is not particularly brilliant but fine for skype and the odd selfie,although quality is only 1 mp

Overall I am happy with the phone,its great for everyday use and should meet the needs you've mentioned
    Thanks for answering, but why not to watch a movie on it? Is screen that bad?
    06-06-2015 11:05 AM
    I would never watch a movie on a phone. But the screen is good enough to do it.
    06-06-2015 11:32 AM
    I have two big screen hd tvs in my house.I wouldn't want to watch a movie on any phone.You could watch one on the 640 for sure,but quality may not be great from certain angles. Ie not looking straight on
    06-06-2015 12:00 PM
    If you read the op again they are asking if it's good enough to watch movies on a trip, not in your house that has a tv. So yes you can, and you will enjoy it. Traveling as a passenger either by car, or waiting at the airport, the quality is very good.
    Spiros Mixailidis likes this.
    06-06-2015 12:13 PM
    If you read the op again they are asking if it's good enough to watch movies on a trip, not in your house that has a tv. So yes you can, and you will enjoy it. Traveling as a passenger either by car, or waiting at the airport, the quality is very good.
    Ok,fair enough,stating I have two tvs in my house is a bit random and off topic.I accept that
    06-06-2015 07:32 PM
    I advice you to buy Lumia 640 XL instead.
    It is better than 640 with bigger screen.
    Screen very good and decent battery life + beautiful camera ( front and back).
    06-07-2015 10:49 AM
    Manus31 above is spot on. Get the 640, you'll not regret.
    06-11-2015 11:13 PM
    Did you decide to get it?
    06-14-2015 07:48 PM