Lumia 640 glance screen: clock has partially shifted lines on display. How can I fix this?

Burkhard Hauck

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 glance screen: clock has partially shifted lines on display

Hi WP community,

I recently replaced my N9 with the Lumia 640 Dual Sim LTE.
So far it is a very user-friendly phone with great reliability, but I have a certain issue with the clock of the glance screen.
The time is displayed with some lines shifted to the side. Not always the same lines are shifted, and in a few occasions there is no error. Even after getting the most recent updates, the error still remains and makes the glance screen rather unusable.

How can I fix that? The error existed from the first second onwards.
I would like to add a picture to make it more clear...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 glance screen: clock has partially shifted lines on display

It looks and sounds as if you may have a hardware fault with the screen, specifically the screen memory. I'd seek warranty replacement.

BTW - Welcome to the forum and thank you for the Pic.

Burkhard Hauck

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 glance screen: clock has partially shifted lines on display

What about flashing a new ROM? Currently I have a french version but don't know french at all, hence switching to the english variety seems sensible.

altaspace

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased a Lumia 640 and I have the same issue, however like OP said sometimes it's fine. I've tried playing around with the glance settings and it still occurs. The lines on mine are usually just shifted one space apart. And sometimes the glance text will flash then reposition upward. Would this really a problem with the screen's memory? Could it just be a bug? There's three people now who've posted about this. I'd like not to have to return and replace unless I have to.

Anyone have any guesses or insight?

wgrs

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
The insight is, most people don't have this problem. It's a hardware defect. Yes, unpleasant, but your dealer should give you a working device.

altaspace

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for clarifying wgrs! I tried a hard reset on the phone and it did not solve anything. I returned the Lumia to Walmart and I will probably try finding another one. It's a shame because it's a beautiful device for very cheap. It's good this is not a more common defect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)