My Tmobile had the Lumia 640

teamkillYAY

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
The manager got their shipment in today. They said the display/demo phone would be out early next week and they can officially start selling on the 17th.

They also had a list of people who have inquired about the 640, which they are going to text on Monday or Tuesday to come try the demo.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for sharing this! That's great, and it makes me wonder if there will be an option to preorder it soon.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting... I might just pop into one of my local T-Mobile stores on Wednesday since I have to go to the Game Stop that's a block away to return a defective Xbox controller. Might as well kill two birds with one stone for the helluvit.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Nothing new, but a confirmation:

My local T-Mobile store said today they will not get the 640 in the store, but launch day is Wednesday and I can order it online, by phone, or in the store and have it shipped to my house. No price information yet.

I also checked my local Walmart and the department manager has four on order but there are none in the warehouse.

ynotbike

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My local walmart had it, when the sales guy checked it in the system is came up as $99, I didnt have my wallet on me so I am going to go back later today to pick it up.

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I was at the T-mobile store today and they told me $130 for billed customers and I think he said $160 for prepaid. They also didn't think they would have them in store but he could order one for me tomorrow (6/17).

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I was at the T-mobile store today and they told me $130 for billed customers and I think he said $160 for prepaid. They also didn't think they would have them in store but he could order one for me tomorrow (6/17).

Woah that's very pricey at $160, I'd pay $10 more and get the unlocked version from BH photo. He might be mistaken.

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Woah that's very pricey at $160, I'd pay $10 more and get the unlocked version from BH photo. He might be mistaken.

It's possible I might have been mistaken. It seems the T-mobile store price is a lot higher than the WM price. When I told them I wanted 530s a month or two ago, their employee suggested I buy the no-contract boxes at WM.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
More to add to the confusion:

I just talked to T-Mobile customer care and the nice lady said they did not have a price yet- the only information she had was tomorrow was the launch date. She said that usually means they take preorders, and they ship when the phone actually becomes available. She did not think it means they have them in inventory right now.

mgabriel2

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Went back to WM and they had them under the counter not even locked but pulled from the shelf - Asked Rep to buy one and Im not the new owner of a Windows Phone again . . .been away since the HTC windows phone sprint had grrr cannt remember name not Titan but way back so whole new learning curve.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
My Walmart here in Chicago

86249c4ecb00e3635423776656f1f546.jpg

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Went back to WM and they had them under the counter not even locked but pulled from the shelf - Asked Rep to buy one and Im not the new owner of a Windows Phone again . . .been away since the HTC windows phone sprint had grrr cannt remember name not Titan but way back so whole new learning curve.

Is that not the new owner or NOW the new owner?

jslice7

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Is there any difference between the Walmart "prepaid" version and the Tmobile version of the 640? I'm currently on tmobile contract (NOT a Tmobile prepaid customer) and wondering if I pick up the cheaper Walmart version if it will work the same as the more expensive Tmobile version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99