How is the music quality of the Microsoft Lumia 640 in earphones ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

how is the music quality of microsoft lumia 640 in earphones ?

is the music quality of lumia 640 in earphones good..? is it loud and clear..?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think loud and clear is a bit low of a bar.

You have an EQ probably, so there's that.

Unless you have a very picky ear, you probably won't notice too much. GSMArena probably has some sound output data, but it won't make much sense unless you're an audiophile.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: how is the music quality of microsoft lumia 640 in earphones ?

The best way to use an equalizer is to set everything in the middle and then decrease the settings you want to hear less, rather than increase the settings you want to hear more. That's how audiophiles do it. So if bass is too low, don't increase bass but lower treble. Just increasing bass might result in muddy bass.

Most modern recordings have decent engineers. The point of an equalizer isn't too undo how the recording was mastered. You don't want classical to sound like hip hop or hip hop to sound like country.

The exception to equalizer use might be some recording done in "Joe's garage", rather than in a proper studio with professional engineers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

TwoBitWhackJob

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Not to mention the biggest factor in how it sounds in headphones are the headphones themselves. :)

It sounds good on the Sony headphones I keep on my desk, but I'm sure it sounds like crap on some that you buy at the register of the 7-11.

Judo Mantis

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I understand this person's concerns. I live in a huge metropolis, ride the subway all winter and ride a bike through most of the summer. 90% of the time I'm listening to podcasts while commuting, so it's mostly people talking. Even when I'm just walking to the supermarket sometimes the cacophony of street noise can drown out an important political point or mask a funny joke. I only wear one earbud while riding (what you're allowed by law in this city) so I need the sound to be clear. My LG Android phone is just loud enough with Echo brand headphones to take me home after late shifts without constantly hitting the Review button. I'm down with Google and hate Apple. I'm trying to streamline however so I've chosen to take sides with Microsoft. I may eventually get the 1520 but the 640 will be my test run. I like every other aspect of the phone but I am as concerned as the original poser of this question. Even as a test run, I'd find it frustrating to be with and without my favorite podcasts at the same time cuz I'm always having trouble hearing what everyone is saying. Can a truck roll past my bike or can I walk past a group of drunken off-duty officers on my way to the subway (I work near a cop bar) without me having to ride the Review button? After all, what good is audio on the go if the slightest street noise renders you deaf to it?

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: how is the music quality of microsoft lumia 640 in earphones ?

I use my 640 run listening to music through the aux on my car hi-fi and also out running and through the aux speakers at home when cooking. The output volume is pretty good, ok not as high a say an htc one m8, but then nothing is, but higher than most Samsung and xperia phones, the sound quality from decent quality mp3 to streaming is actually very good, clean and crisp slightly on the treble more than bass edge, but the equaliser on this and all Lumia phones is fantastic and actually makes a difference. Not sure the sound output is quite as good as my old Nokia 930, but pretty close

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99