Ringing volume.

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I wondered why i kept missing calls... The chuffing speaker hole is on the flat rear of the 640 and when its put down on a flat surface you cant hear it. Some donut made a design clanger there..

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
One way to solve this problem is to use a case that has ridges on the back. When you lay the phone down, face up, the ridges on the back will hold the phone up off the table/desk surface allowing the sound (phone ringing) to escape.

Example of such a case for Lumia 640:
Amazon.com: Microsoft Lumia 640 Case, CASEFORMERS Duo Armor BLACK for Microsoft Lumia 640 Combo Case with Stand and Holster: Electronics

They make a similar case for Lumia 640 XL, which is the one I plan to get when Lumia 640 XL comes to my area.

Lilla

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, but i dont want a case on it as its a big phone already. A case just makes it bigger. Im gonna drill some tinny holes in the side i think...

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Agreed, but i dont want a case on it as its a big phone already. A case just makes it bigger. Im gonna drill some tinny holes in the side i think...

Wont it be good to just attach some thin line? or a better way to insert round ring with cuts on top to the speaker hole so that the ring will keep phone raised and cuts will allow sound to be loud
1-dia-inner-hole-uc25-metal-radial-spherical-plain-rod-end-bearing-silver-tone_2452617.jpg just like this with cuts on one side...

Last edited:

voodoocars

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Ive had another idea. I can just glue a thin strip of something (not sure what yet- piece of plastic) across the back of the fone just above the speaker hole. Just enough so that there is a small gap when laid face up. Bingo.

Lilla45

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Ive had another idea. I can just glue a thin strip of something (not sure what yet- piece of plastic) across the back of the fone just above the speaker hole. Just enough so that there is a small gap when laid face up. Bingo.

If you go to Amazon.com and do a search for "self-adhesive clear rubber feet" you might get some ideas from this.
You can buy these kinds of things in an office supply store, and probably in a smaller quantity.

Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss