A year of office 365

danny 2

May 19, 2015
Visit site
So I got the phone, enjoying it. I'm coming from Android OS. I found the 365 gift app. When I open the 365 app it asks me to log in,I do and it errors out.I open the gift app and it runs it cycle and errors out? Am I suppose to sign up on line first with a desktop? On T-Mobile services. Thnx in advance

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Office 365

Morning all so I picked up a Lumia 640 from Cricket wireless as a backup device my Lumia 1520 green screen cracked and its in repair, tried to activate the office 365 gift app and nothing keeps getting an unidentified error to try again this is since Thursday went to the cricket store they had no clue chatted with Microsoft store rep they couldn't help either, anyone has any idea.

Koen C

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
I think you have to activate it on your computer and can only use it on your pc and tablet. After activation, you'll have your 1 TB of free storage.

AllanQuatermain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi bought a 640 it's a nice phone, found office 365 app in store and set up everything on 640 quick and easy to do, I can add my surface pro/laptop and another phone, now have Skype 60 minutes each month for landlines and for mobiles only limited countries included, also 1TB of onedrive, and a years office subscription a worthwhile extra, my 640 LTE is UK sim free.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Then what is the purpose of the Office 365 Gift app that you need to download to verify the device is eligible? Especially if it doesn't get far enough to verify!

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I also just got a T-Mobile US Lumia 640 from Walmart, tried the app, and got error messages. A Microsoft Store live chat support tech told me the box has to have an Office 365 subscription offer insert or be printed on the box for the phone to be eligible. Mine didn't have the offer anywhere, so I miss out.

anon(26204)

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I also just got a T-Mobile US Lumia 640 from Walmart, tried the app, and got error messages. A Microsoft Store live chat support tech told me the box has to have an Office 365 subscription offer insert or be printed on the box for the phone to be eligible. Mine didn't have the offer anywhere, so I miss out.

Mine didn't have any type of inserts or anything on the box either.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if he's right ie it wouldn't be the first time a tech support person was wrong. The reason I say this is I have read that the Verizon 735 has the free subscription as well as the Lumia 640. The fact that the app doesn't tell you it's ineligible and just gives a random error message also makes me suspicious. Of course knowing my luck this is where I find the US Lumia 640's really aren't eligible...

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I called T-Mobile to ask about this and he said there are some issues with this which is what I was suspecting. I didn't go into further detail as to whether it this was T-Mobile or Microsoft themselves though. I suspect Microsoft as I read it affecting non T-Mobile phones. I guess I'll just keep trying and give them another call in a few days if it doesn't resolve.

danny 2

May 19, 2015
Visit site
So I did it again today for fun, 1 st time it failed again,2 ND time I shut Wi-Fi off and ran the gift app and success. They emailed me my activation codes. T-Mobile service.

Not sure what the issue was, not sure if shutting Wi-Fi off was the fix our not? But hey its fixed for me now. GL.

Edit** mine was a T-Mobile purchase not WalMart, and I had no user with product code either.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the claim screen come up this morning as well but I was going out so didn't have time to go any further. Mine is a Walmart bought phone and the screen comes up with Wi-Fi on or off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs