Recent Patch Has My 640 Stuck in a Reboot Loop

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a Lumia 640 dual sim model and it recently has been getting the prompts to install Microsoft's new patch to fix the periodic reboots. I installed it and now my phone wont start up. When it gets to the blue Windows logo during startup, it reboots and this continues endlessly. I've tried to soft-reset it, tried removing the SD and sim card, and I still can't get the phone to start up. Any suggestions on what I should do?

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Still no luck sadly. My computer never detects the phone. Is there some way to force it into a disaster recovery mode on bootup like you could with the older camera button Lumias?

Edit: The old Lumia Software Recovery Tool can detect the phone and boot it into recovery mode, but it's not able to recover it (I'm assuming since the device is too new for it). Microsoft's WPRT still doesn't do anything useful...

Last edited:

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Well since I bought the phone from Expansys, Microsoft isn't honoring the warranty either. Looks like I'll try to see if Expansys will still be willing to exchange it for me...

sugardad

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is how I recover my device (It happens to me many times as I come back and Forth from 8.1 to 100xx)
You Will have to put it in UEFI mode

1. Remove Battery from Device or Just Turn It Off, and keep it Off
2. Do not Connect Device to PC yet
3. Fire up WPRT and Select that Your Device cannot be Discovered and then Select Lumia Device and Put WPRT In Discovery mode
4. While keeping pressed the Volume Down Button, Plug your Device to your PC
5. WPRT will find your Device in UEFI mode, release the Volume Down button and you are set to go!

P.S.
What do you mean?:
Well since I bought the phone from Expansys, Microsoft isn't honoring the warranty either.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
OK, this is how I recover my device (It happens to me many times as I come back and Forth from 8.1 to 100xx)
You Will have to put it in UEFI mode

1. Remove Battery from Device or Just Turn It Off, and keep it Off
2. Do not Connect Device to PC yet
3. Fire up WPRT and Select that Your Device cannot be Discovered and then Select Lumia Device and Put WPRT In Discovery mode
4. While keeping pressed the Volume Down Button, Plug your Device to your PC
5. WPRT will find your Device in UEFI mode, release the Volume Down button and you are set to go!

P.S.
What do you mean?:

You are the man!!!!!!!!! Thank u so much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb