Who Is Actually Buying These 640s?!

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Store employees at Walmart? yeah... When I asked where they kept the Windows phones, the guy said he didn't think anyone made those anymore...

Walmart is a very shop yourself store. Employees are hard to find, usually useless, and well the customer service stinks. I was actually shocked somebody even answered the phone when I called to inquire about the phone and they knew what I was talking about. Trust me that's a rare thing and I usually avoid them but this time with my Windows Phone for a change I got what I wanted and quickly/easily as well. I don't feel like that's a normal Walmart experience though.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Update 2: Thought I would mention this. When I tried to order my four for pickup. the quantity options on the website for my store was 1 or 2. I figured that meant they only had 2. So I ordered them and then tried to order two at the next closest store. I quickly got a confirmation email. Then 15 minutes later I got a cancellation email. I was rushed so guessed it was an out of stock thing, so I ordered again from the next closest store. But the same thing happened. After ordering two from 5 different stores, each being confirmed and then cancelled, I figured I better dig into it. In the fine print it said they were canceled due to an inability to verify payment information. Okayyyyyyyy. So I reordered with a different credit card. Same thing happened. At that point I figured the problem was with my Walmart account and not the CC. So my wife ordered the second pair of phones.

I got around to calling Walmart.com today to find out why SIX of my orders were really cancelled. Took a lot of digging by CS but they finally figured it out. WalMart only lets a customer order TWO prepaid cell phones in any 12 month period!?! They don't even crosscheck addresses or phone numbers, etc on accounts or my wife and I wouldn't have both been able to get two. I suspect if I had ordered as a guest instead of logging into my WalMart account, that would have worked too.

As you would expect, they didn't have anything but apologies for the completely bogus reason they give people for cancelling orders. But at lease I wasn't left wondering forever.

So if you want to order pre-paid cell phones from Walmart be aware of this and the possible workarounds.

Anyone have any idea why a business would have such a policy? And they specifically said Pre-Paid cell phones. Which is a misnomer anyway since none of the four we bought will be used pre-paid. Is this some kind of govt mandate, like to prevent terror cells from stocking up on burners with just one trip? It can't be to discourage re-sellers since the limit is so low a regular family couldn't get or replace their phones.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Update 2: Thought I would mention this. When I tried to order my four for pickup. the quantity options on the website for my store was 1 or 2. I figured that meant they only had 2. So I ordered them and then tried to order two at the next closest store. I quickly got a confirmation email. Then 15 minutes later I got a cancellation email. I was rushed so guessed it was an out of stock thing, so I ordered again from the next closest store. But the same thing happened. After ordering two from 5 different stores, each being confirmed and then cancelled, I figured I better dig into it. In the fine print it said they were canceled due to an inability to verify payment information. Okayyyyyyyy. So I reordered with a different credit card. Same thing happened. At that point I figured the problem was with my Walmart account and not the CC. So my wife ordered the second pair of phones.

I got around to calling Walmart.com today to find out why SIX of my orders were really cancelled. Took a lot of digging by CS but they finally figured it out. WalMart only lets a customer order TWO prepaid cell phones in any 12 month period!?! They don't even crosscheck addresses or phone numbers, etc on accounts or my wife and I wouldn't have both been able to get two. I suspect if I had ordered as a guest instead of logging into my WalMart account, that would have worked too.

As you would expect, they didn't have anything but apologies for the completely bogus reason they give people for cancelling orders. But at lease I wasn't left wondering forever.

So if you want to order pre-paid cell phones from Walmart be aware of this and the possible workarounds.

Anyone have any idea why a business would have such a policy? And they specifically said Pre-Paid cell phones. Which is a misnomer anyway since none of the four we bought will be used pre-paid. Is this some kind of govt mandate, like to prevent terror cells from stocking up on burners with just one trip? It can't be to discourage re-sellers since the limit is so low a regular family couldn't get or replace their phones.
You probably have it right. It would make sense. Terrorist could easily buy a bunch since these phones aren't attached to an actual account or social security

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the website and checked store pick up with no luck. I called the store and after 5 minutes of ringing, the guy tells me they have a couple in stock.

SCORE!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium