How do I go about signing out of a Music App?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Signing out of Music App

Hey all,

I just got my new Lumia 640 in the mail yesterday and I am LOVING it so far. I am having a bit of a problem though. After opening the music app for the first time I came across a problem that does not allow for me to sign out of the account that was created for me.

I currently have my xbox music pass on another Microsoft account (the same one that is actually my Xbox Live account that is almost 8 years old now). My windows phone though is set to an outlook email address that I use for everything else. When I logged into the Music application for the first time my phone created a new Xbox Live tag along with the music account.

My questions are: 1) May I sign out of the account only on the music app so I may login with my actual Music Pass account and/or 2) May I merge these Microsoft accounts so that I have my personal email, Xbox Live gamertag, and music pass all on one account?

DMelan

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You can't change who you are logged into the music app as. The only way is to reset the phone. Seriously.

What you *can* do is reset the phone, start over using the account with your music pass subscription, then add your other account's email as a secondary account. You'll get email, calendar, and contacts for both accounts. But, you'll be logged in to things like Skype, OneDrive, and XBox Live with the same account where you have your XBox music pass. That's just how Windows Phone works - there is one primary account for the whole phone, and most Microsoft apps and services use the primary account for everything with no way to change it. It's impossible to be logged into Music with one account and OneDrive with another account.

I hate the way this works. Me, my wife and my daughters all have our phones linked to the same account so we can share app purchases and (in the past) an Xbox music pass. By making things "more personal" and supposedly easier, instead they make it really tempting to give up having your own personal identity and forgo integration with the rest of the ecosystem. Microsoft really needs to do at least one of the following - either give us the option of logging into each app individually, or add a purchase sharing feature like Amazon and Apple do with their Family Sharing systems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo