Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on a Green battery cover from that seller. Thanks for the recommend, libra89. What made up my mind was your mini review thread and the fact it looks identical to the molding, buttons, taped & padded spots as the one I got in Orange. Including the small nub next to the speaker hole, which I believe is to give a tiny lift when laid face up and make a small gap to help sound get out... Of , course that is negated by a case and I appreciated how BLU put that nub on the case for Win HD LTE.

But I digress, the ones that the seller you linked to seem to be off the same production line as the Orange I got and I'm super happy with the fit and finish. No button issues either.

Here's the Green one. Apparently supply is running out. Was only 3 left when I ordered: GH Green Original Battery Back Door Cover Case Screen for Microsoft Lumia 640 | eBay

Thanks again to libra89. The Green battery cover arrived Saturday April 16... So 12 days delivery time from China.

Fit, finish and button action are all great.

WP_20160419_11_32_40_Raw.jpg

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorely tempted to try some of these: http://www.amazon.com/Ranyi-Aluminu...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3476735

618N6%2BqEyQL._SL1000_.jpg

51uVThsqBEL._SL1001_.jpg

71yceGKcDpL._SL1001_.jpg

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I was looking at all those before you posted here. Was actually coming here to post a link myself, LOL. Great minds think alike.

I am tempted to get the mirrored gold for myself, and a mirrored rose gold for my wife. I may do so for our anniversary. "May" being the operative word. Tempted, but I've got to do better than that as an anniversary gift, LOL. This will just have to be an "extra trinket" on top of what we get.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I support your bid for temptation. Fully. I am completely behind it. :p

I was looking at all those before you posted here. Was actually coming here to post a link myself, LOL. Great minds think alike.

I am tempted to get the mirrored gold for myself, and a mirrored rose gold for my wife. I may do so for our anniversary. "May" being the operative word.

Mirrored Gold ordered today... Long delivery time... When it comes in I'll try it with my matte black battery cover. I believe there is an adhesive involved.

Capture01.png

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Camaroz has a review for them on the 950 forums, I think. He doesnt mention anything about the adhesive. So be sure to check that, his kit looks really neat with both the acrylic back on and off. Almost sold me on ordering another one. :p

-- W

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Put on this new skin last night. Actually, my wife did a wonderful job, as I would have botched it completely.
Not bad for under 5 bucks!
Word of caution, be sure to keep your finger tips VERY wet during application. The bottom corner bubbled because it stuck to a not wet enough fingertip!

2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Just don't let them know we think that or they will take over the world.... Wait a minute, they already have, so go ahead and praise them all you want.

Werentuckl

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
And just a heads up to us all here. What Camaroz said is completely true here, and he endorses it fully too. His wife gets all the good updates before he does. Our man always puts her first. True gentleman indeed. :)

Dont we all.

-- W

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
[Update] Read this post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-640/362860-8.htm#post3485634

It's here!!!

I got some nice "gifts" too.

Sight_2016_05_13_142351_923.jpg

Included: the case (and no there isn't any jelly glue involved as stated with the matte variant), instruction sheet, a microfiber cloth (which I'll need - more later), a stylus shaped and sized exactly like a .38 bullet which attaches to your headphone jack with a plastic plug (my wife now has that as she goes through those styli quite quickly playing Android games on her tablet) and a fish... I always wanted to try a fish like this to ...
Sight_2016_05_13_142627_994.jpg
...keep my headphones. A nice bonus for me. :cool:

The fit on the case is excellent. Everything lines up nice for the camera, flash, speaker. You insert the phone through the back of the bumper frame and it has to go in pretty level and sink straight down in. Slide the back on. You need to bend the top edge down a bit to get it under the lip at the top of the frame. Hook the bottom of the panel onto the grab and there you have it.

Sight_2016_05_13_145608_398.jpg

It is shiny. S.H.I.N.Y. I'm sure it will grab attention. In fact, my wife was oooing and aahing right away. Might be nice for lining up selfies with the rear camera. ProTip: use Intellicam for a voice trigger.

The bumper frame has some heft to it along with a nice well for the buttons...
Sight_2016_05_13_145619_010.jpg

...and very generous cutouts for the microUSB and headphone ports. There should be no issues plugging in.
Sight_2016_05_13_145635_080.jpgSight_2016_05_13_145712_020.jpg

I like how the Microsoft Logo shows through and it is framed well.

Them: Izzit iPhone bbz?
Me: NO!!! See?

Of course I went to my black back for this. I think that looks good behind the gold.

Sight_2016_05_13_145755_071.jpgSight_2016_05_13_145736_748.jpg

No interference with my Tempered Glass screen protector either, which is a bonus.

Remember that microfiber cloth? Don't misplace it; the back is a fingerprint magnet. The sides not so much. You may want to adjust your grip habits... Speaking of grip, this case has a nice amount of adhesion to your hand with the bumper frame and a great feel. The back is plastic and mirrored, but even that isn't as slick as some "piano finish" battery covers I've handled. The grip and feel are better than I expected. Overall it adds just a bit more heft than the clear acrylic snap on case I was using thanks, I'm sure, to the aluminum bumper. The phone feels substantial and handles well when in the case.

Two more points: the button action is crisp and responsive with a satisfying click and despite the aluminum bumper frame I am not seeing a decrease in signal. Both of these being important considerations of course.

Pros:
  • Nice feel in the hand and adds an illusion of substance to the phone
  • The bumper frame feels like it would take a hit or two
  • Shiny and attention getting
  • Extras in the package, your selection might vary
Cons:
  • The back is a fingerprint magnet
  • Shiny and attention getting
  • Requires some assembly and disassembly
  • The bumper frame may show dings - time will tell
Verdict: Go Ahead, get yourself one. Considering the price it adds a nice feel and look to the phone. If you expect a $9.00 USD item you will be pleased. If you expect "ooo la la gold" you may be a bit put off. It looks nice, adds substance and some flash. The white lines and the look of the back give it away as not anodized or plated, but as the plastic it is. If you can keep your expectations in line it is very worthwhile for dressing up your phone and having a bit of fun with it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720