Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Grabbed a Lumia 640 lately?

We'd like to see what you have found to cover protect and accessorize!
Links and pics would be helpful if you have them so post away Lumia fans!

Wallet.jpg

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

vkakouras

May 14, 2015
Visit site
re: Lumia 640 Case & Cover Thread

The Incipio one looks very elegant. Pls upload some pics + experience upon using it on device. Txs.

lRedux

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

I just got the Evocel case today and I'm satisfied. It's basically rubber wrapped around the phone with a hard shell on the back. I believe it will help a bit should I ever drop my phone and 'm Going to pick up the Nilikin tempered glass next since I've read it is probably the most reputable for windows phones.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

We're using two different cases on our new 640s. One is the Boxwave BodySuit from Amazon. It's a simple cover, but fits tightly and has a good grip.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WJ4PM9E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

I posted a review of the OEM MS Flip Cover for the Lumia 640 on the MS Store website; here it is:

Back Case Better Than the Original
I was pleased to see the replacement back cover is sturdier than the original and seems to snap in tighter. The back is not textured, but it isn't glossy or shiny like the original. The flip cover is very slim. The whole thing has a good feel.

Buy Microsoft Flip Cover for Lumia 640 - Microsoft Store

I also noticed it in the Windows Central store.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Incipio.jpg

Got the Incipio cover today

Incipio2.jpg

Fit is a bit loose.
The case may tighten up after some time.

Cases.jpg

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

What is the feeling of claimed 'Frosted transparent Plextonium™ polycarbonate exterior' ?

It feels OK...
The plastic is better than the softer dust magnet cases that use silicon.

Actually I like the EVOCEL cases a lot better than the Incipio.
I will judge the Incipio as 25 dollars wasted :unhappy:

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site

The Microsoft store are starting to get the back covers in now

I would've bought the blue cover but I couldn't imagine spending $25 on a back cover at all

sjFFPh6.jpg

Last edited:

Desert Demon

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

The Boxwave case looks really nice. How is the fit on the front edges? The case looks very close to the front camera & speaker based on the Amazon pics. No obstructions? Thanks.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No obstructions, in fact it isn't even that close to the front camera. There's a slightly narrower cutout section in the raised bevel at the speaker, something my OEM flip case doesn't have. If it matters, the delivery was really fast, too. Oddly enough it's not listed in the Boxwave website.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1443846125933.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443846125933.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 14
  • uploadfromtaptalk1443846142179.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1443846142179.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I ordered a screen protector from Skinomi, which I'm going to put on my phone soon. I have used their screen protector with my previous Lumia without any issues.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3139588

I'm still on the lookout for cases that meet my aesthetics and don't cover the buttons, so I'll be following this thread. I did also order a case too, but I'm disappointed with it so I figure there's no point in linking it.

Desert Demon

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

I ordered the Cimo Ultra Slim Matte Soft Touch Hard Case last week from Amazon and don't recommend it. Very poor quality and they sent me the case for XL by mistake. They did give a full refund though and didn't want the item back. Now waiting for a Nillkin case linked above to arrive from China. Fingers crossed....

by Cimo

Dub-J

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I picked up the flip cover case in matte black from Microsoft with some Bing rewards points. Overall, its a nice case, the back replaces the original and fits perfectly. The flip cover itself is really thin and is molded to cover the screen without overhang. This is my first case with a flip cover, so it takes a little getting used to for me, but I'm happy with my purchase. I do wish it had the rubberized coating I had on my HTC 8XT, that was a nice feel in your hand and gives a little extra grip. All in all, it's a great option if you want a little protection and don't like the added bulk of a traditional case.

lRedux

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Funny you should mention...
Me too I just snapped this on minutes ago.

View attachment 107016

I just ran into a rather annoying issue with this case today. It appears that normal headphones don't insert in the jack fully. It's kind of hard to remove the case too as when I tried to take it off the back cover was stuck inside the case. It's a shame really as I really loved the case but I don't think there's any other fix for this than manually taking it off everytime you want to listen to music on headphones.

KeinoDoggy

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I like the angular design of this case. Just got mine in shadow blue and gold for the wife. Very good fit also.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers