640 users, how do you like your purchases??

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
So I finally switched to t-mobile from at&t. I've been in a hassle with at&t for months because they charge me over 300 a month for two lines. I've spoken to them numerous times and got nowhere so I'm done with them. I moved both lines to t-mobile and got a 640 which I'm excited to try. How do you all like it? Should I be aware of anything before it gets delivered? Etc.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm really enjoying my own. I would say just feel free to read up on the links that Guytronic linked. Also, your phones have the most up to date updates out of the box.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving mine too. I have to say though, I am deliberately avoiding the Bugs and Defects threads unless I notice something obviously out of the ordinary. The reason being is that I have found it too easy to become a "Hardware Hypochondriac" in that minor issues I'd probably never have noticed suddenly become bothersome to me once I know about them!

dubbaYous

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
You could always go to Net10 or some other mvno and still be on at&t network but paying less. I have my wife and my phones on unlimited calls and texts, plus 5 gb each of 4G Service (byop family) for $90. Love the phone other than not being able to use as a hotspot.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Well I had tmobile in the past but switched because they didn't have many windows phones and then cut off blackberry. The only two o.s I use. I hate apple and Android. Now they're finally bringing in more!

FancyFreddy

May 19, 2015
Visit site
The cheapest GSM plan for talk/text/data that I have seen is with H2OWireless and their $30/mo plan. 5% off with calling mart prepaid. 500MB and ATT LTE speeds.

Next up would be the new plans offered through MetroPCS with T-Mobile, but, I don't think those are GSM phones.

I still have AT&T and really like it with my 640. I am only 4G at the moment, but, I don't notice any issues. (AT&T will add outside IMEI phones in August, or so the tech said)

I would only recommend a Droid to someone who has to have unlocked tethering. Or they are wedded to Google Play/Music.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
If you go with Straighttalk you can use either T-mobile or ATT phones and get 5Gb of data per month. For $45. It's currently the best deal out there.

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes, they are GSM. T-Mobile phased out CDMA when they bought MetroPCS. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetroPCS
The only problem with Metro PCS is that you can't freely swapped your SIM card between phones like you can with T-Mobile ie it's locked to one phone, probably a holdover from when they were CDMA. You have to call them first. I tested this with a friends MetroPCS SIM card in an unlocked phone of mine and it displayed a message. I forgot what the message was but it wouldn't let me use his SIM card. Of course this won't affect most users who only have one phone anyway.

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm liking mine. I downgraded from an M8 to the 640. Not much of a difference. I've noticed that things aren't quite as fast since it only has 1GB of RAM compared to the M8's 3GB, but it's not bad - just a touch slower. The camera is better than the one on the M8.

I'm happy with the purchase.

Magikal

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm satisfied with the purchase. Coming from L520 - this is a huge step forward. Everything is fast and responsive compared to the old L520. For basic tasks like internet browsing (IE sucks, hope Edge will be better), chat (Viber, FB, Whatsapp), listening to music and taking few camera shots - this is your device.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it! It's being delivered today but ups is late for some reason. Probably just because I'm excited hahah.

rell0614

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I left Sprint for Tmobile and got my 640 two days ago. I can't put it down lol. Going from a broken 8XT to my first lumia feels great. I hope you enjoy your phone as well :)

ryancut

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
So far I am enjoying my 640, I have a galaxy S5 that my work provided and I actually prefer the 640 as strange as that may be.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Love it love it even though it is a low end. But mine came with a display that's off brightness bottom left top right corners but its barely noticeable except on high. And a dead pixel :( barely visible as well unless directly looked at.

AllanQuatermain

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Had my 640 LTE about a week and so far no problems, battery life is excellent two/three days between charging,
build quality is good and rear shell is a tight fit and no movement, call quality is very clear and no dropped calls,
I decided on Matt Black version as it has a better grip less likely to drop it, camera is acceptable for a lower end phone,
I am very pleased with 640 a good replacement for my Lumia 800 and great value for the price I paid.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Loving it except for one problem. It might be a hardware issue or something Microsoft can patch I a firmware update but when using the hot spot feature the speeds it puts out are slow

I have a 635 and 640 I'm able to hot spot to my Xbox one connect launch Xbox music and stream few songs with the 635

Same sim card in my 640 it struggles to connect to the Xbox one and launches Xbox music slow and will barely play any song

I exchanged my 640 for a brand new one and it still tethers slow speeds as well so I'm assuming its a Microsoft 640 issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss