I want to know how to transfer my Gmail phone account to my Microsoft Lumia 640?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i want to know how to transfer my gmail phone account to my microsoft lumia 640

i want to retrieve all my old contacts from my gmail account to my windows microsoft lumia 640 phone

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: i want to know how to transfer my gmail phone account to my microsoft lumia 640

1. Swipe down to open the Action Center
2. Select "All Settings"
3. Open "email+accounts"
4. Select "add an account"
5. Select "Google"
6. Sign in to your Google Account
7. Open "People"
8. See if your contacts are visible
9. If no, select the highlighted words (in your accent color) near the top of the app, under "people" and "Contacts" to the right of "showing"
10. At the bottom of this page ("Filter Contacts"), there's a menu called "show contacts from my." Make sure "Google" is selected.
11. Check to see if your contacts are now visible.
12. If still no, go back to "Filter Contacts" and untoggle "Hide contacts without phone numbers" (if applicable)

Hope this helps.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Keep in mind that while this will sync your old contacts with your phone, for the best experience you will want to set up these contacts in Outlook.com as well. If your plan is to use a Google Account, a Microsoft Account, etc - then you shouldn't have to do anything. Just know that you may have to log into those services directly from a computer to make more significant changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte