Want tiles to stop flipping; other issues

mdd913

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I just got this 640 and I pretty much like it with a few quibbles.

-I don't like the tiles flipping and moving. The "people" one would be the worst offender but it also does it to the Facebook app and a couple others. I would just prefer to see a plain icon. I know if you make them small they don't do it anymore but I'd really like them bigger since I have big clumsy sausages for fingers.

-Along the same lines is there no way to assign colors to individual tiles? Or at least, make them all transparent? I can have a really nice background with transparent tiles except some of the apps I need have opaque colored tiles. It kind of kills the whole vibe.

-I don't really want my phone telling me it's somebody's birthday on the lock screen. How do I get rid of this?

All in all it's nice move up from my previous Nokia E5 and I like it fine but I would love to be able to get everything set up exactly how I want and so far that seems not very easy to do.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got this 640 and I pretty much like it with a few quibbles.

-I don't like the tiles flipping and moving. The "people" one would be the worst offender but it also does it to the Facebook app and a couple others. I would just prefer to see a plain icon. I know if you make them small they don't do it anymore but I'd really like them bigger since I have big clumsy sausages for fingers.

-Along the same lines is there no way to assign colors to individual tiles? Or at least, make them all transparent? I can have a really nice background with transparent tiles except some of the apps I need have opaque colored tiles. It kind of kills the whole vibe.

-I don't really want my phone telling me it's somebody's birthday on the lock screen. How do I get rid of this?

All in all it's nice move up from my previous Nokia E5 and I like it fine but I would love to be able to get everything set up exactly how I want and so far that seems not very easy to do.
You could get one of those third party icon packs from the store that use plain icons but that means you won't get notifications on the tiles.

Some apps have the option to change the type of tile shown in the settings.

Some also have options to use transparent tiles in their settings too.

You would have to make the people app a small tile.

Please remember that a transparent tile is just a tile that uses the phone's accent colour while a tile background has been selected.

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site

You'd have to play around in the settings of the apps. Some have the option to change the tile to static. The other option is to set them all as small tiles, as small tiles are never live, so they'll just show as a static icon.

Go into Settings, under lock screen, change the dropdown unser "Choose an app to show detailed status" and change it or set it to none.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Or instead of throwing out all calendar events on the lockscreen, you can turn off the Birthday calendar under settings in the Calednar app.

I recommend using 8.1 HD Tiles to start, adding a transparent FB tile among others. I can't help with People though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire