Clean slate option?

AppleFan73

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

How do I get the clean slate option on 640? Every time I do restore, I never see the "don't restore option"?

It just backups from Microsoft account.

Thank you,
Jamie

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
After a full reset, if you skip logon the first time it's offered, you will not be able to restore a backup. Is that what you are looking for?

jdballard

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
How do I get the clean slate option on 640? Every time I do restore, I never see the "don't restore option"?

Not sure if you've ever done it before, so if any of this sounds elementary/insulting, forgive me. Just to confirm: you are doing a hard reset, and not a soft reset? It's a part of the setup process after you enter your microsoft account. As you go through the wizard,there should be screen about restoring or starting new, and the "don't restore" should be at the bottom of the list of backups. If you have quite a few backups, it may be off the screen. Or perhaps it's covered up by the on screen start/back/search buttons?

If it's not truly there, then something has gone seriously wrong. Perhaps you could try using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to recover and see if it shows up that way.

AppleFan73

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've ever done it before, so if any of this sounds elementary/insulting, forgive me. Just to confirm: you are doing a hard reset, and not a soft reset? It's a part of the setup process after you enter your microsoft account. As you go through the wizard,there should be screen about restoring or starting new, and the "don't restore" should be at the bottom of the list of backups. If you have quite a few backups, it may be off the screen. Or perhaps it's covered up by the on screen start/back/search buttons?

If it's not truly there, then something has gone seriously wrong. Perhaps you could try using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool to recover and see if it shows up that way.

​Thanks! Does Windows Phone Recovery Tool work on Macs? Cause, that's what I have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)