No cursing allowed????

mdd913

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I tried to say "that kicks ***" in a talk-to-text message to my wife about her new shoes but it censored me. LOL. Is there any way to turn that off?

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I tried to say "that kicks ***" in a talk-to-text message to my wife about her new shoes but it censored me. LOL. Is there any way to turn that off?

"Talk-to-text"? So, what you've got there is when you use the microphone while texting an SMS, it censors inappropriate language. When you use the keyboard, it is not censored. I can guess this, because I just tested it both ways, and it does indeed censor it on my L635 if using speech-to-text to enter the message.

There is no way to disable it, as far as I am aware, or in any way that I have been able to locate thus far. Perhaps another user will see this and be of more help. I responded in order for people to understand how to duplicate your issue, so they can help you to resolve it. I'm at a loss.

mdd913

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
"Talk-to-text"? So, what you've got there is when you use the microphone while texting an SMS, it censors inappropriate language. When you use the keyboard, it is not censored. I can guess this, because I just tested it both ways, and it does indeed censor it on my L635 if using speech-to-text to enter the message.

There is no way to disable it, as far as I am aware, or in any way that I have been able to locate thus far. Perhaps another user will see this and be of more help. I responded in order for people to understand how to duplicate your issue, so they can help you to resolve it. I'm at a loss.

Yes, that's the "problem" exactly. I mean, it's not really a problem, I can always go back and type in what I wanted to say - but hell, I'm a 37 year old man, if I want to say "***" in a text message I don't know why it's anybody's business to tell me I can't. LOL. Maybe it's supposed to keep people from yelling out obscenities in crowded restaurants and malls. :D

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Maybe it's supposed to keep people from yelling out obscenities in crowded restaurants and malls. :D
Yeah, or maybe Cortana just has sensitive ears. It's Cortana that drives it. Remember she's from 500 years in the future, so she's pretty young. Too young to listen to those words. Yeah, that's probably it. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99