Why won't my Lumia 640 select and send photos in text and messaging?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why won't my lumia 640 select and send photos in text and messenging

In a message format when I select attachment/photos it just reverts back to message

vkakouras

May 14, 2015
Visit site
I read somewhere that data connection with provider has to be turned on when trying to attach photos in messaging. Otherwise it's not possible. Haven't tried though since then as I always have mine with data OFF, just using WiFi.

bccorski

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
My Lumia 640 has the same issue. It's not a very convenient work-around, but I did figure out a way to attach photos to messages, Facebook, etc. When it fails in searching for pictures to attach and goes back to the message as you state in the original post, you need to go to settings>system>storage sense, then where it says "store new music, videos, and podcasts on my" you need to switch it to phone for just a second, then switch it back to SD card again. Then when you hold the back arrow and choose the screen with the message you were working on and try to attach a picture again, this time you should see the little dots going across the top of the screen as it actually searches for and finds your pictures. A pain in the rear, since you have to do this every time you want to attach a picture, but at least it works.

D21K

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Nice necroposting :grin:

What version of windows are you using bccorski, that's a really weird and old bug, my lumia 640 LTE don't have it at all, anything mentioned in the thread actually, I can attach anything :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel