This phone is getting buggier and buggier.

TimboNJ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I first had the problem with the screen where everything looked like a negative picture. Then last week, I got "cross lines" with other phone calls and also loud, static screeching during conversations. Now, I have something new. I use a line in to my head unit of my car for music and phone calls. When I go to make a phone or receive a phone call, the phone pretty much locks up and you can't hear what the person at the other end is saying. (The phone works when it isn't wired.)

I've tried soft booting the phone with no luck. I'm going to try a hard reboot today and see if that does the trick.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I first had the problem with the screen where everything looked like a negative picture. Then last week, I got "cross lines" with other phone calls and also loud, static screeching during conversations. Now, I have something new. I use a line in to my head unit of my car for music and phone calls. When I go to make a phone or receive a phone call, the phone pretty much locks up and you can't hear what the person at the other end is saying. (The phone works when it isn't wired.)

I've tried soft booting the phone with no luck. I'm going to try a hard reboot today and see if that does the trick.

Are you still on WP8 or are you running W10?

wxcory

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue with the negative photo effect on my Lumia 810 and only once now on my 640. Every time it happened if i put the phone to sleep and then unlocked it again the screen would go back to normal. My guess it that its a little bug with the OS.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like it could also be a hardware memory fault in the phone itself. Something getting corrupted. Bad ones do leak out from every manufacturer from time to time. The differences between a good manufacturer and a bad one is how they handle it when it happens.

I've never had it happen on any of the Lumias in my family and never heard of it happening with my friends. Believe me, I would have heard about it since I'm the one that converted them. I wouldn't say OS bug since that's the case, or more people would be reporting it.