I first had the problem with the screen where everything looked like a negative picture. Then last week, I got "cross lines" with other phone calls and also loud, static screeching during conversations. Now, I have something new. I use a line in to my head unit of my car for music and phone calls. When I go to make a phone or receive a phone call, the phone pretty much locks up and you can't hear what the person at the other end is saying. (The phone works when it isn't wired.)

I've tried soft booting the phone with no luck. I'm going to try a hard reboot today and see if that does the trick.
    07-16-2015 03:27 AM
    I first had the problem with the screen where everything looked like a negative picture. Then last week, I got "cross lines" with other phone calls and also loud, static screeching during conversations. Now, I have something new. I use a line in to my head unit of my car for music and phone calls. When I go to make a phone or receive a phone call, the phone pretty much locks up and you can't hear what the person at the other end is saying. (The phone works when it isn't wired.)

I've tried soft booting the phone with no luck. I'm going to try a hard reboot today and see if that does the trick.
    Are you still on WP8 or are you running W10?
    07-16-2015 03:57 AM
    I had the same issue with the negative photo effect on my Lumia 810 and only once now on my 640. Every time it happened if i put the phone to sleep and then unlocked it again the screen would go back to normal. My guess it that its a little bug with the OS.
    libra89 likes this.
    07-16-2015 07:14 AM
    are you still on wp8 or are you running w10?

wp 8.1
    07-16-2015 03:21 PM
    Sounds like it could also be a hardware memory fault in the phone itself. Something getting corrupted. Bad ones do leak out from every manufacturer from time to time. The differences between a good manufacturer and a bad one is how they handle it when it happens.

I've never had it happen on any of the Lumias in my family and never heard of it happening with my friends. Believe me, I would have heard about it since I'm the one that converted them. I wouldn't say OS bug since that's the case, or more people would be reporting it.
    TechAbstract and TimboNJ like this.
    07-16-2015 09:54 PM
    Now whatever music service I use, the songs stop and start on their own. I hate this phone.
    08-01-2015 01:59 PM
    Now whatever music service I use, the songs stop and start on their own. I hate this phone.
    Soft reset your phone first, then hard reset and if that doesn't help then you get the right to complain.
    08-01-2015 03:05 PM
    Soft reset your phone first, then hard reset and if that doesn't help then you get the right to complain.
    I did a hard reset.
    08-01-2015 04:24 PM
    Really sounds like you should try to exchange it. For a $80 phone, I'm very happy with mine and am having no issues.
    08-02-2015 11:09 AM