Where can I buy battery cover doors for the 640?

miguel11691

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I been searching everywhere to find where I can get a genuine battery door in blue or orange for my new at&t Lumia 640... Don't really like the black all to well...

vrlny

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 battery door

I found one! :grin: Ordered the black one from a vendor in China. Seller had great ratings, so I'm not too worried about ordering from a foreign seller. :sweaty: Free shipping; estimated delivery Tue, Jul 28 - Tue, Aug 11. Three weeks seems reasonable.

Will let you know when I get it. So excited! The white back door is glossy and slippery. You would think Microsoft would've used a matte finish. :confused:

Search criteria:

TY Original Battery Back Door Cover Case Screen for Microsoft Lumia 640 black, orange, blue, white

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
miguel11691. I posted this in another thread about buying the rear covers on ebay and about if they are genuine. They took about three weeks to arrive.
I've bought several ebay seller battery door covers for the 640. My experience is they are factory OEM, sort of....? What I mean is they never seem to come with original packaging, but look exactly like they are made in the same factory and OEM, but I think they don't make it through the quality check.

I have the original Cricket blue from in store purchase in USA. The side buttons work great. I bought a Hong Kong ebay seller orange and it looks perfectly original. But the side buttons sit too low and don't press as positively. I bought a Chinese black 640 cover and the plastic was slightly warped in the button area like it was pulled out of the mold and deformed. They did send a new one for free but the side buttons sit too low and don't press all that well.

I bought a United Kingdom ebay seller OEM Microsoft flip cover with card slot that advertised that it came in original packaging and it did. It is perfect and the side button do sit properly and work in a positive fashion. Just my experience and in the future I'd rather pay a little more for the buttons to work properly. Especially on the 640.​

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Amazon has several of them listed (as original too boot); but they want over 20$ for them. Heck, whole phone is only going for less than 100$. Think I will wait awhile before I collect all the colors. Looks like the 640 is selling pretty well so the price on the covers should go down. Until then; blue is pretty nice.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently watching This Ebay Listing. I really like my Matte Black back cover right now but might order the Orange gloss version sometime soon. The seller is highly rated and the pictures look legit. 9.89 isn't the cheapest I'm seeing on there either, but something about this listing caught my eye. I'll report back when I do order/get it.

Jeremy Blankenship

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Personally I like the black rubber casing provided by Metro PCS w/screen protector for $20. It has nice grip and good protection. I had them install the screen protector for the sale when purchasing the phone and they got it perfect after half an hour of struggling...(evil smile)

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I bought a pack of shells for my 635 and one of them was clearly not genuine, and it was the one color I wanted anyways... Had to wait like a month to get it from China too

vrlny

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the black flip cover from the Microsoft store, and got it today. Very nice. Seems sturdy, too.

I drilled two tiny holes in the back, top left, so I could attach a small lanyard and ring.

I'm always worried I'm going to drop my phone when using it. I do this to all the cases I buy, though some of the plastic cases already have the holes.

I loop the ring around my middle finger, while holding the phone in my right hand (I'm left-handed). Much more secure.

lumia-640-with-lanyard.jpg

IamEdge10

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I ordered one of these:
Back Housing Battery Case Door Cover Side Buttons for Microsoft Nokia Lumia 640 | eBay

Should be here in the next few days (is in the States already). I will update with impression.

Can't really recommend the above cover. It's not OEM. It will not allow the use of a snap on cover as it is to thick, the snap on cover will not snap shut as it should.

If you just want a black back, it is OK as it fits and the buttons do stick out as they should.

vrlny

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 battery door

I got the black battery door from China today. AND IT FITS!

It arrived in great condition, and wasn't warped. I'm not experiencing the problems others had with the buttons being slightly lower. The buttons line up perfectly!

I ordered it on July 19. Fifteen days from China seems reasonable to me..

Unfortunately, the vendor is no longer selling on eBay, so I can't provide a link.

MicrosoftMobile4me

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought a cheap cyan case online and it fits good. The buttons sit lower than the original black AT&T case, but I kinda like the lower profile. You can't really feel them, but if you push them they work. I use double tap to wake and rarely use the volume rocker. If you want a case with original type buttons, this really isn't for you.640 Phone Case.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss