Okay, What's actually wrong with this phone

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Seeing as I like this phone so much, I feel it is my duty to add at least one downer, in that I found out I cannot use my Bluetooth keyboard (or any Bluetooth keyboard for that matter), This kind of surprised me. I mean with my phones ability to project the screen to my TV via Roku, I would've had the next best thing to Continuum lol

Ten Four

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
On the camera specifically, what do you think? I'm not talking about the specs., but your impressions based on real-world photos you have taken.

wxcory

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
On the camera specifically, what do you think? I'm not talking about the specs., but your impressions based on real-world photos you have taken.
For everyday use rear camera is perfect. The quality of the photos are good enough that I am totally satisfied. In lower light conditions things become a little grainy but that's fine with me. As for the front camera, don't expect any great selfies. I took a picture with it in full sunlight and the picture was still grainy. All-in-all I think that the cameras are perfect for the average user and I am more than satisfied with them.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
It looks pretty thin. I prefer a little more 'chunk'. Unpopular opinion, I know.
They're cheap enough to buy two and glue them together. Make sure you leave the rear one with the camera on, so when you take a picture with the front 640 it captures what's on the rear one's screen. You will have to give up flash though.

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
They're cheap enough to buy two and glue them together. Make sure you leave the rear one with the camera on, so when you take a picture with the front 640 it captures what's on the rear one's screen. You will have to give up flash though.

Smartphone Centipede! :evil:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
KWmobile came out with a deal for the 635 that included five different covers that slid over the factory back cover and sold for around 10$ for the set. I got a set for me and my wifes backup 635. They add very little to the thickness of the phone and give pretty good protection and you could change the look of your phone in about 5 seconds. Lets hope they do the same for the 640. I will be in line first to get them. There are different color back covers for the 640; but the cost is close to a 1/4 of the cost of the phone and they are a little difficult to remove and replace (adding to the wear and tear on the phone).

Fleabay is your friend. You can pick the back covers up for about $9 a pop from China. Good luck!

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I think the only thing I'm disappointed about the is the lack of selling shell covers for the phone... I love how they did with past phones especially my old 635... Once they start selling back covers this phone will have it all for the low price of 80 bucks like I paid for at WalMart

I've found all kinds of back covers on eBay, about 6-10 bucks.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
KWmobile came out with a deal for the 635 that included five different covers that slid over the factory back cover and sold for around 10$ for the set. I got a set for me and my wifes backup 635. They add very little to the thickness of the phone and give pretty good protection and you could change the look of your phone in about 5 seconds. Lets hope they do the same for the 640. I will be in line first to get them. There are different color back covers for the 640; but the cost is close to a 1/4 of the cost of the phone and they are a little difficult to remove and replace (adding to the wear and tear on the phone).

I have a back cover coming that I found on eBay, then wrap it in a slim TPU case. All black. Standard dress for all my Lumias

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
The only downside for me is that it has Snapdragon 400 instead of 410, which means that you can't just say Hey Cortana to search or whatever. Of course, you can still just click on the microphone icon and have Cortana search for you, so it's not really a big deal.

tale 85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Seeing as I like this phone so much, I feel it is my duty to add at least one downer, in that I found out I cannot use my Bluetooth keyboard (or any Bluetooth keyboard for that matter), This kind of surprised me. I mean with my phones ability to project the screen to my TV via Roku, I would've had the next best thing to Continuum lol

I thought one of the features of 8.1.2 was the ability to use a Bluetooth keyboard, am I wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss