Glance Screen Brightness

pflores3

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Does anybody know if there is a way to adjust the brightness of the glance screen. I find that in light the glance screen is bright and easily visible but in low light the glance screen is dim and hard to see. I am curious if there is a way to keep it bright all the time.

Am I the only one who is having this issue? Is it really an issue or am I imagining this problem?

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I think that if automatic brightness option is enabled in the settings, the phone will behave just as you described.

You could try disabling the auto brightness, but I think it is very handy and I keep it on all the time. The power-saving option might also dim the glance a bit? I'm not sure though.

pflores3

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I think that if automatic brightness option is enabled in the settings, the phone will behave just as you described.

You could try disabling the auto brightness, but I think it is very handy and I keep it on all the time. The power-saving option might also dim the glance a bit? I'm not sure though.

Yeah, I tried both but neither worked. I think its something that cannot be changed. I just prefer to have my glance screen bright and easily visible at all times.

kgraham182

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
You do realize the 640 has a LCD screen and not an OLED. If you like the Glance feature to be bright, you might as well set the lockscreen timeout to never since to would use the same energy.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You do realize the 640 has a LCD screen and not an OLED. If you like the Glance feature to be bright, you might as well set the lockscreen timeout to never since to would use the same energy.

Actually not quite because the display isn't being refreshed as much by the phone's guts so it isn't thinking as hard.

I believe night mode also dims Glance.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Meh, I don't use glance screen at all, it was turned on for less than 2 days when it started to annoy me. Even if 640 had a full operating glance screen I still wouldn't be using it, what's the point of having a locked screen which isn't actually locked.

vuljanic989

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I use glance on L640 and had no issues with brightness until i got flip cover for it...most of the time when i open the cover glance shows dimmed,not using night mode...weird but its not something that annoys me too much

tomas_s

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem on lumia 550. (WM10 OS build 10.0.10586.164)
Dimming of Glance screen is very annoying, and practically makes it useless over night. I tried to turn off automatic brightness setting, but no succes.
On my prevous lumia 520 glance screen worked fine - still the same brighness level. clearly visible.

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa