Already a scratch :(

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hello

So I got my Lumia 640 on Monday. This morning, I picked it up with the same hand I had my keys in and one of the keys slipped on the screen with no pressure at all. Now there's a scratch that can only be seen at a certain angle but still.

Given that it's a pretty superficial scratch, there must be a way of getting rid of it. I've seen tonloads of tricks but am not sure I should try them as I've also seen warnings to not use those tricks.

So does anyone have a real trick to get rid of that kind of minor superficial scratch?

Allen Brandt

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
some of the nano coating sprays that claim to protect phone screens will fill, or at least hide the scratch very well. I started using these on my devices, and they seem to add some layer of protection without messing up either the feel of the screen or make them harder to read.

I had a small chip in one of my screens that the spray completely filled in, so I'm pleased. I have this one, but it doesn't seem to be available at the moment from Amazon: LIQUID-ARMOR by Dynaflow

trivishal

May 1, 2015
Visit site
It has GG 3.
Microsoft Lumia 640 - Specifications - Microsoft - USA
Display features: Sunlight readability enhancements, Corning? Gorilla? Glass 3, Easy to clean, Lumia Color profile

Gorilla Glass 3 has tough resistance against breaking not scratches but Gorilla Glass 4 has both high breaking resistance and anti scratching properties. Hope all the upcoming Lumia smartphones use Gorilla Glass 4, not older Gorilla Glass 3

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
Gorilla Glass 3 has tough resistance against breaking not scratches but Gorilla Glass 4 has both high breaking resistance and anti scratching properties. Hope all the upcoming Lumia smartphones use Gorilla Glass 4, not older Gorilla Glass 3

I hear the same thing about each revision of Gorilla Glass.

ArtificiallyYours

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Oleophobic Coatings, while a welcome feature, are imperfect as they tend to scratch like gloss plastic. The good thing is you cannot always feel them or get an 'itchy' sensation when swiping like on other panels when they get worn.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yes definitely do that. I was an adamant anti-screen cover thinking that the screen was solid enough. But this really convinced me. I bought a 6-Pack of Clear HD XtremeGuard HI-DEF Screen Protector Skins. That'll hide the existing scratch and keep new ones from happening.

mewcatchew

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
IMG_0127[1].JPGIMG_0118[1].JPG If you're impatient and don't want to wait for a screen protector to ship in, and - or - are also a McScrooge, pick up a galaxy s6 tempered glass screen protector at the Dollar tree for $5. Just flip it and intall upside down, almost looks like it was made for the 640... almost. Looks good and protects at the same time.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 110923View attachment 110922 If you're impatient and don't want to wait for a screen protector to ship in, and - or - are also a McScrooge, pick up a galaxy s6 tempered glass screen protector at the Dollar tree for $5. Just flip it and intall upside down, almost looks like it was made for the 640... almost. Looks good and protects at the same time.

Wow that does look good! Better than the crap I got on ebay (a full screen protector manually cut to fit on the Lumia!)

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass 3 will easily scratch from keys. Keys are probably one of the most damaging things to phones.

However, the 640 doesn't cost much more than a screen protector or case. One could get a new one every few months. :)

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
That is probably one if the coolest things about this phone. :) It's 1/10th the price of comparable devices! I'm just using one while my 1520 gets repaired but I could see myself using it as a daily device.

I do and it's really awesome. I've had no real issue with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro