taking the plunge!!

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
So after owning this amazing phone a month, and scouring the forums, i am going to take the plunge and put the latest build of Windows 10 on my 640. I wanna see if it is stable enough as my daily driver. It is downloading now i will report back here soon! :) time to get a drink, take a walk, :)

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
So the actual install took about 90 minutes. It came out of it with my start screen looking like a horror film lol. Let it sit for a while, my girlfriend called me and texted me, no issues, went to the store, got all my updates, downloaded the new office apps, and tested out the facebook beta and messenger, al working fine. i'll play around and report back in!

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I know different forum, but just thought I would chime in as I too am "taking the plunge" with my 930. Just started the update process right now, fingers crossed everything goes smooth.

brad4560

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
So after playing around for the evening, without any major issues, i decided to do a hard reset and start fresh, with no backups, and i can say there is a big difference. The phone performs most tasks swiftly. I feel the camera isn't as good? I have tried taking pictures with both apps, and idk they seem fuzzy, maybe it's just my old eyes lol. The store has been fine, no issues getting updates. I am having a minor issue with adding my gmail, but i don't have to have it on my phone. Groove music is great, synced my library and playlists quickly, I miss the live tile action from 8.1, but hope that will be back. The photos app I enjoy, but feels it is so unpolished from what 8.1 had.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So you actually had balls to install that preview even though Microsoft themselves said that 640 isn't safe to updated since there's a huge chance of bricking it, at least the one with the latest OS version.

zhris

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
You're a braver man than I... I'm not messing with it until the ratio of "OMG WTF did I do" and "This is awesome" comments start to balance out a bit more. Even the 'successful' install don't seem to indicate that W10 on the 640 isn't any better, just different.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo