Does the Lumia 640 phone get very warm or hot?

TC93

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I posted this in a wrong forum previously so I will post it here. I was wondering if the Lumia 640 gets very warm or hot when talking? I was interested in this phone, as my current android phone gets annoyingly warm when talking on it.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Had one for about three weeks, even charging it with a 1.8 amp charger produces no heat. For the money this phone is hard to beat. Maybe the best phone purchase I have made yet.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Agreed. The only time it gets hot is if I am charging and doing something intensive at the same time, such as a phone call (but only a long one) or reading a book continuously.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I used to play for 1-2 hours of temple run continuously and it gets "warmyish" but nothing special to deserve additional attention. So don't worry at all.

Furt

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I noticed it getting warm when streaming video from Code 4 Food's Anitoon app. it doesn't do this with any other streaming content so it might just be that app specifically.

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I like my two week old Lumia 640LTE very much. But I noticed few day ago the phone gets warm when I watch a longer a film in Tubecast or I play Angry Birds or Cut the Rope for about quarter an hour or more (both games was installed to the SD card). Do you think it is normal?

Thanks,
panaro

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
The operating temperature of the phone is going to vary based on the load it is carrying. If you are running multiple apps in the background, have all the bells and whistles turned on such as Bluetooth, location, Wi-Fi, cellular, etc. – it’s going to run warmer (read: not necessarily hot) than if it were idle. I wouldn’t worry too much about the temperature of your phone unless it’s recently been exposed to moisture or humidity recently. It could be an indication of internals being damaged.

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
The operating temperature of the phone is going to vary based on the load it is carrying. If you are running multiple apps in the background, have all the bells and whistles turned on such as Bluetooth, location, Wi-Fi, cellular, etc. – it’s going to run warmer (read: not necessarily hot) than if it were idle. I wouldn’t worry too much about the temperature of your phone unless it’s recently been exposed to moisture or humidity recently. It could be an indication of internals being damaged.

Thanks for your reply. This is my first "modern" smartphone (I had a 6 year old WM6 PDA phone before), but I won't worry about this heating. The SoC is cool in normal usage, and only the written apps make it warm (not hot) with absolutly fluent UX. But the whole Lumia 640 remains cool. :)

Last edited:

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Overall Windows Phone 8.1 is not a taxing operating system. Even with the paltry internals of the 635 it runs well. Once you branch out of the core applications and start using non-Microsoft created applications you download from the store do you begin to see it's shortcomings. The RAM increase on the non-GSM models of the 635 made it a very dependable device that makes the 640 a very incremental upgrade at best, and the XL a decision made purely on larger screen and camera.

I also had Windows Mobile devices. I never thought those phones were lacking in the hardware category, but the OS could have used some more polish. I wish some of the more iconic hardware designs from the last higher end models were implemented once again for new Windows 10 Mobile. I wouldn't mind seeing something like the Moto Q again.

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I would be happy too for a phone with eg. hardware qwerty, just like my previous Samsung i780 has. It would be very competitive with the coming Android Blackberries. The UI of the WM6 wasn't the most comfortable in general, but the qwerty and the optical trackpad made the i780 a very usable device. If it could handle not only one exchange account (and the power button worked well after 6 years :) ), I didn't want to replace it. This was I thought. But now having Lumia 640 a new world opened to me. I've set up my wife's L630, but have and use one is quite different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss