How can I transfer SMS messages from my Samsung S3 Mini to Lumia 640?

Mital Shah1

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Transfering SMS messages from samsung S3 Mini to Lumia 640

I currently have a Samsung S3 Mini which has over 1000 text on it and have recently got a Nokia Lumia 640.

I have successfully transferred all my contacts over but every time transfer searches the Samsung for text messages it says 0 found.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

drhere

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Transfering SMS messages from samsung S3 Mini to Lumia 640

I currently have a Samsung S3 Mini which has over 1000 text on it and have recently got a Nokia Lumia 640.

I have successfully transferred all my contacts over but every time transfer searches the Samsung for text messages it says 0 found.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

I had the same issue with my Nexus 5 I wanted to have a copy of my messages that are on my Nexus 5 to my 640 as i still use both phones, although lately the 640 primarily.
I got the 0 messages also at first, what I did was take my SIM card from my 640 and put it back in my Nexus 5. After booting up my Nexus device the 640 saw all of the messages and I was able to copy them over, for some reason the Transfer my Data app on the 640 could not see them when my Nexus 5 was on wifi only without a SIM card.
Also, make sure you accept the security warning that Android will give you asking you if you want the 640 to access your messages. it can be subtle and can go away after a short period of time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs