Double Tap To Wake failure rate?

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I own both the 640 and 640 XL and I would guesstimate at least 60% of the time the double tap to wake doesn't work on the first try. Sometimes it takes three or for attempts. What about you guys and gals?

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
About 10% of the times I double (triple actually) tap on my 730, the screen doesn't power on.
The fact is that those times that fail to light up the screen, I am carring stuff or I'm on a hurry and in general the thing just doesn't do what it should when I'm 100% depentend on it! :p
In my case most of the times it tend to not responding, is after long time of standby (being inactive in a pocket or something)
If I can recall correctly on W10m (especially on build 10166) the double tap to unlock work with more consistance.

But thank god double tap to sleep is working 100% so you never have to reach the button to lock it! (future found only on W8.1 update 2 and W10m)
:)

Dusan Randj

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
If phone was in pocket, it won't unlock when you pull it out for few seconds. Try to wait 10 seconds and see, it'll unlock at first.
That's to prevent accidental unlocks inpocket. My former 520 had DTTW at all time working but often it unlocked by itself in pocket.

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
try not to cover the proximity sensor while you do the double tap. this happened with me a lot, but i noticed that whenever my hand totally covered the proximity sensor or casting shadow directly on the sensor caused this trouble more and also while double tapping make sure that your other fingers are off the screen and not making any contact.if already you are touching the screen then double tap wouldn't work.I do all these and it workes perfectly, with i would say 95% accuracy.

Last edited:

Joshwin

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
are you sure you are not obstructing the proximity sensor while doing double tap, cos only when you cover the proximity sensor it doesn't work. when it is not covered it works 95% for me.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I had a 520 and I now have a 640XL rule of thumb so to speak on double tap to wake just double tap on the bottom half of the screen and you should have 100% success. As the above poster said don't have your hand/fingers shadowing or covering the sensor.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I had a 520 and I now have a 640XL rule of thumb so to speak on double tap to wake just double tap on the bottom half of the screen and you should have 100% success. As the above poster said don't have your hand/fingers shadowing or covering the sensor.

50%..... until I read this. Thanks!

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 1520: I find that double tap to wake doesn't always work if I tap with my finger tip, but if I tap with greater surface area (my finger print) it always works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa