Bluetooth transfered to phone from laptop? (where does it go?)

Arc Angel 100

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I sent a data file I downloaded from a device from my laptop to my 640, my intention was to e-mail it from the phone to our engineering staff.
The laptop paired correctly, the phone said bluetooth file received, and the phone asked me if I wanted to find an app from the store to use to open the file.
I didn't want to open it on the phone, I merely wanted to use the phone to email it.

Where would the file be, I don't know where to look to find it so I can send it...

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
You got the question to "find an app" because you do not have an app on your phone to "read" this file. So basically a "non supported" file extension. And files which do not have a "windowsphone known" extension are not "not visible" on your phone.

If you connect your phone to your laptop you probably can find the file with windows explore.

Arc Angel 100

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I checked with explorer, all I can find are my photos and my songs (music), I can't find any other files.
it's disappointing that I can't forward or identify a non-supported file type, it would have been very handy to have been able to e-mail the download to my engineering staff rather than drive 120 km with my laptop to the nearest wireless access/LAN connection.
My previous phone (Android) had a download folder and a bluetooth folder that worked this way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre