I figure out something in regards to problems with the phone and audio.

TimboNJ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm posting to see if it helps anyone. I was having audio problems with my Lumia 535 and headsets. Now I'm having a similar problem with my 640. There would either be dropouts or the audio would just stop coming through. I tried swapping out different headphones and the ones without the microphone on it worked fine, while the ones with the mic had all sorts of problems. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem with the phones or a software problem.

I just took one of my problem headphones, put an adapter on it (so the end piece now has two black rings on the tip instead of three) and it's working fine now.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm posting to see if it helps anyone. I was having audio problems with my Lumia 535 and headsets. Now I'm having a similar problem with my 640. There would either be dropouts or the audio would just stop coming through. I tried swapping out different headphones and the ones without the microphone on it worked fine, while the ones with the mic had all sorts of problems. I'm not sure if it's a hardware problem with the phones or a software problem.

I just took one of my problem headphones, put an adapter on it (so the end piece now has two black rings on the tip instead of three) and it's working fine now.

Well there's your problem. As far as i know, those three-ring headphones are made for iPhones and will not work properly on our Lumia devices, just like in your case. They should really put this in user's manual, if anyone still reads that, lol.

lift

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Well there's your problem. As far as i know, those three-ring headphones are made for iPhones and will not work properly on our Lumia devices, just like in your case. They should really put this in user's manual, if anyone still reads that, lol.
Wrong. The 3 rings are for left, right and microphone. Should work with any modern phone.

boonesmi

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Wrong. The 3 rings are for left, right and microphone. Should work with any modern phone.

actually they are not all the same. headsets are usually either ahj or omtp

ahj = left, right, ground, mic (starting at tip)
omtp = left, right, mic, ground (starting at tip)

mechanically they all fit the same jack, but they are not always interchangable (unless the phone is able to adjust to the correct one)

i believe all new lumias are ahj

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05