Flashlight app for 640?

Stevebez

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! I picked up a Lumia 640 (not XL), and I absolutely dig it, but I can't seem to find a flashlight app that works. Please help!

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I second Flashlight XT. Coming from Android I don't appreciate using apps that openly request access to other areas of the device that aren't necessary for the one function you are looking for. You don't need access to my contacts, calendar, microphone, etc. - you are a bloody flashlight. Just shine.

Stevebez

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone, especially Diamond67! I was plugged in while I was trying flashlight apps, which was the problem!

P.S. How do you quote on this forum? EDIT: nevermind, the button was gone, but now it is back.

Last edited:

tharrison4815

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Torch Pro works on my 640. It shows as a paid app but if you read the description they say the free trial lasts forever and you only have to pay if you want to support them.

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks everyone, especially Diamond67! I was plugged in while I was trying flashlight apps, which was the problem!
You're welcome! And AFAIK this feature is not mentioned in the official Operations Manual (surprise...). Maybe it should be, in order to avoid confusion...? :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999