(URGENT HELP NEEDED) My Lumia 640 won't play audio through the speaker anymore. How do I fix this?

LittleOsorio

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Today when I was riding the bus home I couldn't hear audio/notification tones I thought I couldn't hear it because it was too loud on the bus. But about 10 minutes ago when I went to set my alarm for school there was no audio when testing alarms. I tried every form of audio, none work. I need help on fixing it. I did drop my phone earlier in the day but it wasn't major, so I don't think that's it. Please help.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Are you on TP? If so, then just soft reset your phone, maybe couple of times if the first one doesn't work.
Had the same issue yesterday, two soft resets fixed the issue.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it could be an issues with the headphone jack falsely registering something as plugged in (so all sounds are gong to an invisible pair of headphones). Another good test before a hard reset would be to just plug in a pair of headphones, restart while they're plugged in, then unplug them

LittleOsorio

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Everyone thanks for trying to help me but none of these seem to work, even factory resetting. If you have more tips I'll try them, but for now I'll just use my Moto G until I can get this one replaced.

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
If a hard reset didn't fix it, then its some form of hardware failure. You might be able to get parts to try and fix it yourself if you are mechanically inclined but it will probably require a complete teardown and lots of soldering.

If you plug headphones into the phone, does it produce sound in the headphones? You'll probably need to check if your phone is in warranty. Don't have the link to the support site since I'm on my phone out and about, but a quick Bing/Google search should get you what you need

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos