Can anyone help, Unable to receive MMS messages?

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help? Unable to receive MMS messages

I have a Lumia 640 LTE that I use with a Straighttalk T-Mobile sim. This works great, I can browse the internet on my cellular network, I can send MMS and people see the pics I send. But I can't receive MMS. I get a message to download media content but it never shows up.

I have a feeling it is not the APN settings, I have tried about 15 different configurations and the settings I have now work great except for receiving MMS. Any other settings won't let me send MMS or browse the internet.

If not APN, what else can I try? I have owned my phone since July and have yet to receive a single MMS....

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can anyone help? Unable to receive MMS messages

Is the 640 the T-Mobile or the ATT version or the factory unlocked version? Can you post your internet settings? I have a ATT unlocked Lumia 640 that I am using on T-Mobile and I receive MMS without any issues. Usually I get the download media content message when I am on 2G or if I have a MMS from a iPhone. But when I am in a good signal area with LTE, I click that message and the picture always shows up.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

I get the message even with 4G LTE reception, and from both Android and iPhones. I don't know anyone else with Windows Phone, but when I send myself an MMS it's the same thing.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

Do you have wifi calling on? Have you tried turning it off and seeing if it makes a difference? I recall wifi calling not allowing for MMS to work, only SMS.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

I have Wi-Fi calling set to cellular preferred. I will try turning it off and see. Thanks for the suggestion.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

I do not think it's the WIFI calling because I have that on and get MMS just fine. I'm on the unlimited T-Mo plan so I rarely use WIFI unless I'm at some place that has a really strong signal / fast data.

Now did you call Customer Service to verify you had the right APN settings? For about an hour or so after I got my T-Mo phone I didn't have working MMS on the 640. My APN settings were completely wiped out. Maybe you need to remove them completely, reboot the phone, re-add the APN settings, reboot the phone and then try again. I'm not sure if there was a problem loading the MMS settings from the SIM card or what - at least on mine this is how I've had to fix it. I also keep a text file handy that has these settings in case a factory reset kills them.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site

To be fair, before you posted "anybody" I did ask you to see if you contacted Customer Service to verify you did in fact have the correct APN settings for your phone. It could be that they just didn't provision correctly and you need to remove them, reboot, and reapply them.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
How would I reapply them?
I did use the settings from my carrier's website (Straighttalk) but I hesitate to call them, since they usually make things worse, not better.

anon(1401602)

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
This is whats been working for me. Hope it helps
mms apn name straight talk
apn tfdata
ip type IPv4
proxy server mms3.tracfone.com
proxy port 80
mmsc htxp://mms-tf.net
max mms size 1024

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I finally managed to fix it. The settings are different for the T-mobile sims with Straight Talk.

These settings work!!

For Internet, just put wap.tracfone for APN and save.
For MMS:

APN: wap.tracfone
WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.40
WAP Port: 8080
MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
MMSC port: 80
Max MMS Size: 10485

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member