Color Profile changing the camera photos, how can I fix it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Color Profile changing the camera photos

Hello! I recently bought a Lumia 640 LTE, very happy with it, but I found a little bug. I can change my Color Profile from Settings, I personaly prefer the "vivid" setting, but I realised that my photos would look a little under-saturated when viewing them on a PC from what I've seen on my phone. I don't really want to change my Color Profile only because of this, so... is it another way to "fix" it?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Color Profile changing the camera photos

No; there is no fix. The color profile affects the screen of your phone (not the images the camera produces), so if the screen in your phone is "vivid", then the images there would also appear "vivid"... naturally if your PC screen isn't as "vivid", then they would appear not as "vivid" in your PC.

The workaround, however, would be to manipulate the images (e.g. in Photoshop) to make the photos appear as vivid as you liked to.

As a rule in photography, make sure that the display of all your devices are properly calibrated for color and hue, saturation, contrast and brightness. In this manner, the photographer will be able to make more accurate judgements based on the images he or she is examining through his or her devices.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss