Lumia 640 + Windows 10

utomo

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I have some question regarding Lumia 640 and Windows 10:
1. When it will be available to upgrade Lumia 640 using Windows 10 ?
2. What features will be missing ?
Can we use New Display Dock
Can we get Continuum

Thank you

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Can we get Continuum

Thank you

1- Right now you have the preview version already available. The final version will start rolling out in December but no one know when which device will have it.

2- That's an odd question. It all depends what features you're using. The Me tile is gone in Windows 10 Mobile but that's all I can think of right now.

3- What New Display Dock? The one that allows you to use your phone as a computer? If so then I'll answer 3 and 4 at the same time: no. The phones that will be able to use Continuum are yet to be released. Same with Windows Hello.

MrDivinePotato

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Can we get Continuum

Thank you

as of this post:
1) stable win10mob with virtually no bugs is available via insider preview (at least in my region), but ehh... i wouldn't recommend it, my 640 became less responsive and missed letters while typing, which was reason enough to roll back to 8.1 for me.
2-4) it has all the core features and they all work fine ( with the aforementioned hitches) but it's missing fancy stuff like display dock compatibility, etc. That's hardly surprising though, we are talking about a budget phone here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3