Why is my Internet Explorer not working right ?

pozso

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
The Internet Explorer doesn't shows my history and I can download anything either. What should I do ? I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 phone.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely HATE Internet Explorer. It's so poorly designed and implemented I'm at a loss as to how the engineers/programmers/designers keep their jobs. Like you, my history is hit or miss... some things are there, some aren't. And trying to go back and fourth between webpages/sites is the most frustrating thing imaginable. Sometimes you have to swipe (and put up with the shaded screen/delay while the page reloads), sometimes you have to tap the webpages back-buttons (Yahoo for instance), other times the back button on the phone... it's a big mess and it's one of the main reason I'm 99% sure I'm going back to Android. I'm trying hard to be patient, hoping Windows 10 might fix a lot of the problems/issues.. but it's getting harder with each passing day. And yes, there are 3rd party browser options, but that's not the point... and I don't even have (or want) a Microsoft account in order to download any... and THAT too is part of the reason I'm leaving, I bought the phone, I shouldn't be forced to sign up for an account and use their servers/mail in order to download apps. With Android you do not have to shop through the official store nor do you need a Google account in order to download most apps from other apps stores.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
and I don't even have (or want) a Microsoft account in order to download any... and THAT too is part of the reason I'm leaving, I bought the phone, I shouldn't be forced to sign up for an account and use their servers/mail in order to download apps. With Android you do not have to shop through the official store nor do you need a Google account in order to download most apps from other apps stores.

I agree that IE seems poorly implemented in respect to do Windows Phone. However, it sends you failed to do research on the WP ecosystem. Since it is a Microsoft product, logically a Microsoft account is necessary for the app store. This is no different than using Google or Apple products and their respective app stores. Android is a far cry different from MS and Apple in respect that the source code is open source. Therefore there are open source third party app stores that you don't need an account. However even some Android third party app stores require accounts such as Amazon. Another factor you have neglected is the fact that Windows Phone has a very small market share in comparison to android or iOS. That is why app development has been limited.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
A better question is, why are you still using Internet Explorer. The UC Browser is the most popular mobile browser, and it is far better than IE. You can download it from the Microsoft store.

perpleSlerp

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I agree that IE seems poorly implemented in respect to do Windows Phone. However, it sends you failed to do research on the WP ecosystem. Since it is a Microsoft product, logically a Microsoft account is necessary for the app store. This is no different than using Google or Apple products and their respective app stores. Android is a far cry different from MS and Apple in respect that the source code is open source. Therefore there are open source third party app stores that you don't need an account. However even some Android third party app stores require accounts such as Amazon. Another factor you have neglected is the fact that Windows Phone has a very small market share in comparison to android or iOS. That is why app development has been limited.

I haven't failed to do my research. I don't feel when you shell out money for a phone you should be forced into the ecosystem by the company in order to download free third party apps. It's a pet peeve. They want your personal information to track you and your habits for marketing, advertising, and other stuff, not because they want to give you a great experience.

I've been using One Mobile to download Android apps for years, no sign-up needed. Now, let's be clear, Microsoft doesn't owe me, but as a paying customer I have the right to say, this is what I don't like about the company or product or service and either deal with it and put up with it or move on.. I choose to move on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12