Heads up, Lumia 640 only $60 at Best Buy!

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I wish people could install the T-Mo firmware on the AT&T Lumia 640. That would make this an easy yes.

I wonder if the 640 XL will see a similar drop in price over the next 1-2 months. I kind of want to go back to it but don't want to drop $300 for an unlocked variant new from MS.

Rooks308

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I just wish Microsoft would put out an affordable Lumia phone that DIDN'T have a Snapdragon 400 or worse. It runs the basic OS fine and some apps ok, but just OK. Still, this phone is a LOT of bargin for the price. I have the T-mobile version (white) but I did have to pay a bit more for it ($99 I think)

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I paid for the T-Mo version of it because I liked the white better and I wanted the T-Mo firmware for Wi-Fi calling. I can honestly say that my calls are clearer on T-Mo than on AT&T, and that when I do have Wi-Fi calling active it's like people are sitting right next to me. Very nice.

I also appreciate the fact that T-Mo didn't load a ton of junk software like AT&T does with their Windows Phones.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I picked up one of these for my daughter. It's a nice little phone. It was cheaper than replacing the cracked screen on her 920 (for the 3rd time!)

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Tempted to head to my local Walmart to get one and have them match BB's price. The WM protection plan is cheaper and covers the phone longer than the plan BB sells.

neodk

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Does it still come with a free year of Office 365? If so, Ima pick one up.

That ended in August if I am not mistaken.

That's a good idea going to Walmart for the price match - maybe they will be willing to do it because they want to be stock out.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
WM Online dropped their price from $79.99 to $59.99 sometime this afternoon/evening. Makes me wonder if this wasn't a price reduction already announced by Microsoft to Retailers?

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Shoot, I wish I could even load the CricKet firmware on the stupid ATT devices :|

Microsoft really, really, really needs to allow the end-user to set up Visual Voicemail and Internet Sharing manually in the phones to prevent this obnoxious carrier lock nonsense.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Shoot, I wish I could even load the CricKet firmware on the stupid ATT devices :|

Microsoft really, really, really needs to allow the end-user to set up Visual Voicemail and Internet Sharing manually in the phones to prevent this obnoxious carrier lock nonsense.

You just need to get a cricket sim card, and you are good to go.

The AT&T phones will work locked on Cricket, as Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses the AT&T network. Or, if you like, you can request that AT&T unlock your phone by filling out this form on the AT&T website:

Consumer Device Unlock Portal

I have purchased one of these phones and am in the process of doing both. The key to getting it unlocked right away (within 72 hours) is to choose the "non-AT&T mobility customer" option, assuming that you are not a current AT&T mobile customer of course.

Edit: In fact, I just got my unlock code issued from AT&T right now.

Last edited:

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
You just need to get a cricket sim card, and you are good to go.

The AT&T phones will work locked on Cricket, as Cricket is owned by AT&T and uses the AT&T network. Or, if you like, you can request that AT&T unlock your phone by filling out this form on the AT&T website:

Consumer Device Unlock Portal

I have purchased one of these phones and am in the process of doing both. The key to getting it unlocked right away (within 72 hours) is to choose the "non-AT&T mobility customer" option, assuming that you are not a current AT&T mobile customer of course.

Edit: In fact, I just got my unlock code issued from AT&T right now.
I know, and that's great, but that does not address what I said:
No Visual Voicemail
No Internet Connection Sharing

These are locked in the firmware and have values that need/must be changed per service provider.

Tyrion L

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I know, and that's great, but that does not address what I said:
No Visual Voicemail
No Internet Connection Sharing

These are locked in the firmware and have values that need/must be changed per service provider.

Mine appears to have internet connection sharing. I have not tried to use it, but the settings are right there in the Network and wireless settings section.

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Decided to finally get one at the $60 price. I thought about waiting for the xl to drop but decided it wasn't that big of a deal since the camera is not a big thing for me. Loving it for the price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750