Limited glance screen?

freethinker112

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I got a 640 and am a first time glance user. Well, the screen shows only time and notification icons. I have seen screenshots around of glance showing date and month and glance background also. Well, I followed the following background beta app link
www . windowsphone . com/ en-us/ store/ app/ glance-background/ 7c3378ff-2844-480b-b2e2-783537201b84
(remove the spaces, can't post link since I am a new user)
but it shows app not available for your device.

So, any way to get more info on screen? Or do I have to be content with only time?

--------------------------------

Update : Okay, just found a FAQ entry on MS saying 640 only supports data and notification icons(quick status). Bummer, I was excited to make the glance prettier.

Last edited:

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
You need the Glance Background app to be able to set your preferred background.

Go to Settings -> Glance screen to see the options to show the date etc.

freethinker112

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Okay, just found a FAQ entry on MS saying 640 only supports data and notification icons(quick status). Bummer, I was excited to make the glance prettier.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
That's not everything. Had the glance background app for both my 1020 & 830. Resetted them both (one to be sold, the other after coming back from w10m) but I can't download the app either : "App not available for this device", even tho I've been using them both for months (2 years for the 1020). They just removed it

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Yeah,at least they should have provided a alternative for that in the official glance screen app,presently it only supports lockscreen image as glance background.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yep. Problem is you can't even pick a custom image. I'm using an app to display calendar/weather/stuff on my lockscreen so I can't display a photo on the glance.. That's sad

Megatronus66

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Strange,I performed an hard reset after installing the official windows 10 update and didn't updated the glance screen app,installed the glance background beta app and all seems to work again!(I've decided that I'll never update the glance app until it enables the feature of manually selecting images as glance background).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion