Windows 10 for Phones release for 640?

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
When is the update coming to lumia 640? Since it was marketed as a windows 10 ready device, i expected a speedy release...

On windows phone 8, on developer preview system of pre release there were few os updates/ builds

With insiders, the number of builds released have increased and it appears to me that windows 10 is not coming before February... Basically i m bit frustrated with l640's camera issues and blurry text problem...

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It hasn't been announced, so nobody can give you an exact answer.
Why do you suggest February?
I believe Microsoft wanted it out before the end of the year.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Got preview running in 640. Don't quite get where you are coming from. Many with 640/640xl are running preview no problem. As yet RTM hasn't been confirmed for any device. Pretty sure RTM won't be Feb, as 950 / 950xl out end of November

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
It hasn't been announced, so nobody can give you an exact answer.
Why do you suggest February?
I believe Microsoft wanted it out before the end of the year.

I suspect a feb release coz its already november in a few days.... So even if MS announces a december date, our device(s) would probably get it by feb...
There had been delay of a month or more between the announced & actual dates when black, cyan and denim were released....

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Got preview running in 640. Don't quite get where you are coming from. Many with 640/640xl are running preview no problem. As yet RTM hasn't been confirmed for any device. Pretty sure RTM won't be Feb, as 950 / 950xl out end of November

I m from India and updates are rolled out the first in China / India . Even if an RTM is released by nov end, ihave a feeling that the device specific update is not going to be released so soon....

I didnt want to mess with my new phone so never tried insiders..

My dev preview exp in the past was horrible as i had to roll back my device to get latest public release.

Anyways i hope it be released speedily...

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I suspect a feb release coz its already november in a few days.... So even if MS announces a december date, our device(s) would probably get it by feb...
Not sure behind your reasoning of a two month or so gap.
Imo Microsoft will concentrate on getting the Lumia 950 and XL ready and released.
I don't think they will want to release these after Christmas.
As for 'RTM' for other devices, this will surely follow not long after and may be available earlier through the Windows Insider route.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Is windows 10 update an OS only update? Or is it a firmware update like cyan, denim?

Coz lumia specific firmware updates have taken time in the past.... They were released late as compared to the OS....

barondebxl

May 4, 2015
Visit site

Running the preview for a couple of days and I'm not going back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans