Why isn't my Lumia 640 sending texts?

W

WPCentral Question

Lumia 640 not sending texts

After 2 months usage without problem texts will not send even though it shows as sent. Vodka phone thinks it's a software problem

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 not sending texts

Vodka phone

LOL I know you mean Voda Phone, but that made my day. Gotta love auto-concoct. :winktongue:

Did you get an update just before this issue came up? Any significant changes when the issue began? Have you ensured your settings are fine - you get internet over cellular?

WiFi is not on when you try? SMS needs cellular data and sometimes an active WiFi connection can bork SMS. Have you tried a soft reset? (Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots - about 10 seconds.)

Are you by any chance a former iPhone user with iMessage? Or sending to a former iPhone user who had iMessage? Not getting texts after switching from iPhone to Android? Here's how to turn off iMessage and fix it! | iMore

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss