Lumia 640 Black Friday price - $29.99

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yeah, I guess paying $9 for the plan would only net a return of $20.99 should the phone get trashed in the two year coverage period and no longer be available as a replacement. If I was paying the regular price of $60 it would make a bit more sense...
Ha! I was scrolling up to the top of this thread really fast and I thought I spotted an owl. Thank you, impeccable knowledge of Rush and Fly By Night.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Is the going rate to unlock these still around $40-$50 using an online service?

People have been able to unlock them for free using the AT&T website, https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...tt.com%2Fdeviceunlock%2F%23%2F&token=KzW68aHg

Even though it says you need to use it 6 months its worked for folks anyway, I think what they did was never bothered to insert the sim and go straight to the unlock page.

Exactly. You don't have to pay to get the phone unlocked from AT&T. If you never insert the SIM, and you apply for the unlock as a "non-customer", as long as the phone has never been in service and as long as the phone shows as "paid for" and not "stolen" or on a "block list" of some sort, then they will get you an unlock code within 2-3 business days. I got my last unlock code in under 4 hours.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. You don't have to pay to get the phone unlocked from AT&T. If you never insert the SIM, and you apply for the unlock as a "non-customer", as long as the phone has never been in service and as long as the phone shows as "paid for" and not "stolen" or on a "block list" of some sort, then they will get you an unlock code within 2-3 business days. I got my last unlock code in under 4 hours.

I'd recommend doing this even if the plans are to use it on AT&T. That way it's ready to go anywhere anytime, without fulfilling the 6 month waiting period.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd recommend doing this even if the plans are to use it on AT&T. That way it's ready to go anywhere anytime, without fulfilling the 6 month waiting period.

Right again. I unlock every phone I put on my AT&T plan, before I put a SIM card in it. That way, should I decide to "sell" I can get more for it and have a larger audience. makes it easier to sell a phone to upgrade to another.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
walmart does not price match on Black Friday. However, if the following day Best Buy is still running the add on their website, and have it listed as in stock, then WM should price match. Also, their replacement plan will only cover the dollar value + tax you paid for the device. If you file a claim, you will get $29.99 + tax on an e-gift card for your next purchase. you will probably pay $8 for the plan.

LumiaGuy

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
walmart does not price match on Black Friday. However, if the following day Best Buy is still running the add on their website, and have it listed as in stock, then WM should price match. Also, their replacement plan will only cover the dollar value + tax you paid for the device. If you file a claim, you will get $29.99 + tax on an e-gift card for your next purchase. you will probably pay $8 for the plan.

From their website - "Walmart.com will not price match items on Walmart.com or to other retailers between Thanksgiving and Cyber-Monday". An employee in the Electronics Dept of my local store said they would not price match during that same period.

Looks like I'll be trying to buy a couple from BestBuy.com starting at midnight Thanksgiving eve.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon